WorldSport La Liga schedule - When?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

who_the

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2004
San Francisco, Calif.
Almost that time! I was at Barça-Chivas last night, and am pumped for the new season! Gudjohnsen scored a goal, Ronaldinho played the second half, and the atmosphere in the L.A. Coliseum -- over 90,000 -- was electric! I am also a Chivas fan (best fans in the MLS, by far, and probably the best in FMF) so it was a great night.

Anyway, Ilya or anybody else, any word on the La Liga schedule on WorldSport HD for this season? They are covering La Liga again... Right?

I watched that game on HDNet. Great to see a sold-out soccer match in the US!
Not a bad game, but they were definitely holding back, not showing all their stuff! An exhibition game...

La Liga season resumes in about three weeks. I can't wait! No schedule yet.

Sure hope that W.S. gets La Liga again this year. Now that GolTV has the rights to the German league I wonder if they could work a deal for some HD games on W.S.?

I went to the Real Madrid v. Real Salt Lake game and must say that RM may have won me over. They were in SLC all week and acted like complete gentlemen. Plus they are building a football academy in SLC.

After all of this, I am excited for La Liga in HD as well.

A note from Paul Giblin, WorldSpotHD commentator:

Hi there, seen on the website that you are still awaiting news on the new season, don't worry, because so are we.

Basically the World Cup has been a bit of the factor in that, as has the fact that Spain is always 'Spain' and August is a slow month because everyone goes on holiday....even more so this year because everyone was blasted after working for 2 months on the World Cup. People are drifting back to work at the moment and i expect things to be sorted out in the near future.

Personally I am having a few days in England recharging the batteries for the long campaign ahead, which should kick off with (we suspect after looking at the fixture list) R Madrid - Villarreal.

As soon as I know anything, I'll let you know.

cheers PAUL

ps how much fun was it flying to Heathrow with the latest terror scare!

Any chance of Voom and WorldSport ever going on DirecTV? I love Directv but now Dish has WorldSport and ESPNDeportes and GolTV (which Direct has too). Dish also is rumored to have the worst customer service.

I can't say I'm excited at all about the prospect of WorldSport taking the best Liga game of the week from GolTV... again. Especially being a RM fan. It sucks.

RealMadrid said:
Any chance of Voom and WorldSport ever going on DirecTV? I love Directv but now Dish has WorldSport and ESPNDeportes and GolTV (which Direct has too). Dish also is rumored to have the worst customer service.

I can't say I'm excited at all about the prospect of WorldSport taking the best Liga game of the week from GolTV... again. Especially being a RM fan. It sucks.
Voom will probably never end up on DirecTV, especially since Dish owns a part of Voom. It's a shame, since WorldSport was a huge factor for some of us in choosing Dish over DirecTV.

And WorldSport doesn't take the best game from GolTV... I've seen the same game on both networks many times, including every El Clasico.

By the way... Madrid, cabron, saludos al campeon! ;) Visca el Barça!

who_the said:
Voom will probably never end up on DirecTV, especially since Dish owns a part of Voom. It's a shame, since WorldSport was a huge factor for some of us in choosing Dish over DirecTV.

And WorldSport doesn't take the best game from GolTV... I've seen the same game on both networks many times, including every El Clasico.

By the way... Madrid, cabron, saludos al campeon! ;) Visca el Barça!
So are the rumors about Dish's reception and customer service true? Is it that bad? Worse than Directv?

Is either satellite company in any danger of busting (then having the other one pick up the pieces)?

WorldSport DOES take the best game - they have shared rights only for El Clasico and the Madrid Derbi. Every other game is single coverage by WorldSport.

As RM hasn't won anything in three years I'll save my trash talking for later. Plus, RM's poor form has only been accentuated in contrast with Barca's great form.

That said, I'll simply reiterate what I said when Eto'o said those very words in their championship celebration - Barca's triumphs are always placed in relation to RM. When Madrid wins, everyone could care less about Barca, they're just happy winning. It's a killer inferiority complex they have in Catalunia, so sad. Congrats on the second Champion's and the Leaque title. If history proves correct, neither are forthcoming this season. We shall see. I'm confident in RM this year. ALA MADRID!!!!!!! EN ESPANA MADRID, EN EUROPA MADRID, EN EL MUNDO MADRID A POR ELLOS MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Paul:

A quick update, I've just had it confirmed that we WILL be continuing with HD Primera Liga this season, but we still don't have the schedule.

Today (8 days before the big kick off) the Spanish football league give the kick off times for the first weekend games, so we should know either later today or at worst on Monday....I say that because we have to do the La Liga Report and it would help to know which game we have to preview!

Sad state of affairs, but the Spanish Football League (LFP) have not even decided which TV station gets the rights to show the games in Spain (that doesn't affect us as regards rights but shows how useless they are. Plus of course it does affect us, because depending on who shows what game and which game they want affects whether the game is played on Saturday or Sunday). NAtional TV show the game on Saturday, while pay per view have games on Sunday and they take it in turns to pick the match they want. (confused? don't worry, so are we)

We still think the first game is likely to be R Madrid - Villarreal, but there may be a slight chance of the Basque derby, (Which as an Athletic Bilbao fan, i would love).

cheers PAUL

From Paul:

Hi there, well here is the proposed schedule for the new season.....Lots of Madrid and Barca and we also make a few trips to Valencia. It doesn't include any UEFA Cup games that we will do this campaign, but i am certain European action will be on the menu..

cheers PAUL

ps on December 3 you will have the privilege of seeing Athletic Bilbao destroy R Madrid in the Bernabeu (i hope)!

2006-07 Soccer Proposal

Week 1 R. Madrid - Villarreal
Week 2 Barcelona - Osasuna
Week 3 Valencia - Getafe
Week 4 Barcelona - Valencia
Week 5 R. Madrid - At. Madrid
Week 6 Getafe - R. Madrid
Week 7 R. Madrid - Barcelona
Week 8 Barcelona - Recreativo
Week 9 Sevilla - Osasuna or R. Madrid - Celta
Week 10 At. Madrid - Villarreal
Week 11 R. Madrid - Racing
Week 12 Valencia - R. Madrid or Barcelona - Villarreal
Week 13 R. Madrid - Athletic
Week 14 Barcelona - R. Sociedad
Week 15 At. Madrid - Getafe
Week 16 Barcelona - At. Madrid
Week 17 Getafe - Barcelona
Week 18 R. Madrid - Zaragoza
Week 19 Barcelona - Gimnàstic
Week 20 Barcelona - Celta
Week 21 R. Madrid - Levante
Week 22 At. Madrid - Athletic
Week 23 Valencia - Barcelona or R. Madrid - Betis
Week 24 At. Madrid - R. Madrid
Week 25 R. Madrid - Getafe
Week 26 Barcelona - R. Madrid
Week 27 Valencia - Racing or R. Madrid - Gimnàstic
Week 28 Barcelona - Deportivo
Week 29 R. Madrid - Osasuna
Week 30 Barcelona - Mallorca
Week 31 R. Madrid - Valencia
Week 32 At. Madrid - Betis
Week 33 R. Madrid - Sevilla
Week 34 Barcelona - Betis
Week 35 At. Madrid - Barcelona
Week 36 R. Madrid - Deportivo **Subject to change due to final table results
Week 37 Barcelona - Espanyol **Subject to change due to final table results
Week 38 R. Madrid - Mallorca **Subject to change due to final table results

It would be nice wouldn't it? :)
Unfortunately even Spanish teams themselves don't know game times (or even dates!) weeks in advance.

Anyway, the first game (R. Madrid - Villarreal) will be this Sunday 8/27.
WorldSportHD.com shows 10:58 AM ET as the time of the game, but I am not sure this is correct, as I thought the game starts at 7 PM local time.
I will post the correct game time as soon as I verify it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)