WorldSport New Website check it out... WSHD will Begin 2/1/06

Looks good.
So, it will be February 1, not tonight???

Accoding to the WorldSport website there will still be soccer on RushHD until Feb. 1. Unfortunately for those of us with 942 receivers, unless Dish offers us an upgrade before Feb. 1, we will be unable to watch the games after that until we can get a Mpeg4 reciever.:(

The first La Liga game on the new WorldsportHD channel is scheduled for 2/5. Isn't is very unlikely that many of us will have new MPEG-4 recieivers in time to watch that game?
I think it is unfortunate that the soccer programming is being moved exclusively to a channel that few people will be able to recieve. :confused:

I sent an email to Voom, telling them that I would not be able to upgrade my DVR until after April 1st. This was the reply that I received today:

"We understand your situation and to help we will broadcast the LIVE matches on Rush - however at this time it is uncleear if La Liga Report will air on RushHD!
"

If this is true, this is good news.

It is true! As I posted in another thread, live matches will continue to be available on RushHD. However, La Liga Report will only be shown on WorldSport, the way it stands. I have a confirmation directly from VOOM management.

Welcome to the forum, radiohead8989!
And please join our game-time discussion every weekend, in this forum.

Has anyone heard if Comcast, Verizon or DirecTV plan on carrying WorldSport HD or any of Voom's programming?

No. (No one heard/posted anything about that.)
And I don't think VOOM channels are offered separately anyway - only as a package.

i am exicted for this. i will be having my dish installed in time for that feb. 5th game. being a fan of real madrid i can't wait to actually be able to see them and in hd also. oh yeaa

Welcome aboard, jyusufi! :wave
You will enjoy it! Make sure to get a VIP receiver (vip211 or vip622) to be able to watch WorldSport channel.

ya i shall be getting the new receivers. i sell tv's and dish network right now for an electronics company here in nebraska so i have stayed up to date on the receivers.

one of my co-workers was talking to a customer today and said that when dish came out to install their items they brought out one of the new vip receivers. so i don't know if they have just started to include these in the packages now or if it was a mistake.

thanks for that anyway and welcoming me to the board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts