Worried about 622 install this Saturday

sunfire01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
DFW, TEXAS
I got my 622 ready to install and the installer is coming this Saturday the 25th and I called Dish a minute ago to see if they could give me the installers phone number so I can verify he's bringin the right stuff. The tech could not give me the info but said they would probably bring a second dish to point at 61.5 or 129. I was hoping for a 1000 but I guess not. He said the installer has the work order and should bring what is needed for the HD install. Do most installers know about the 622 and dual tuner receiver so that I can be at ease knowing they will bring the right stuff? Do they normally use dpp44's on 2nd dish installs so they only need one cable to the 622 or will they have to run a 2nd cable? Someone just calm me down from this anxiety!!!!

Jason

I dont know about the 622 but i too was looking for a dish 1000 to be installed even though the csr's kept telling me they were going to install another dish, this was last september

They guy turned up. I asked him what he was going to install and he said ok - a dpp44 (3 receivers including a dual tuner) and a dish1000 coming up .
I think the dish 1000 is such a simple route to take that it's a no brainer where it can be used of course.
If you are just having a 508 and a 622 off of the dish1000 i dont think you'll need a dpp44 as the LNB on the 1000 by default is a dpp and it can support 2 receivers and the seperator in the 622 box.

So i think you are going to be fine but being informed is always a good thing, and the experts on here do that for sure.

As always, tell us where you are. Not all locations can get 129 on the Dish1000. In some areas, the signal is very weak or the look angle is so low that it would be hard to get a good line of sight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts