Status
Please reply by conversation.

RedSavina

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 19, 2005
Groton, CT
I am wondering how strong this signal is. Specifically, can it be reliably received with a 1.8M or 2.4M miniBUD setup?

Thanks!
Red

i get amc 1 with a 8 ft bud with an almost perfect signal, prob a 6 ft will get the bird. it is a great sat, i love the ion channels, there is an east,mountain,and pacific channel, also about 5 feed channels and 2 other ion channels. a great nightly lineup with shows like wonder years,mamas family,whos the boss,ect. also qubo, a great kids channel. all these are free too!

ion network is a great set of channels, also g4 is 4 deg away and has a great set of nbc channels free,every time zone, so you can watch leno at 7 pm or at 1 am.

Isn't satellite great? :) We get to watch Leno at 7PM and all sorts of wonderful programming.

I love the ION channels too and hope to begin receiving them tomorrow. I tried today using my 1.2m Channel Master dish and was amazed by the c band picture quality.

RedSavina, with the results I got today I would say you could possibly receive the worship network very clear using a 1.2m dish or bigger.

Red
I can get it very well on a 6 foot dish (1.8m)

Right now I have a 2nd LNB offset for AMC1 (main LNB is at G16) and I can still pull a 35-40 on the ion mux of channels. If I aim it directly at AMC1 they come in around 55-60 on the Pansat 1500

ion network is a great set of channels, also g4 is 4 deg away and has a great set of nbc channels free,every time zone, so you can watch leno at 7 pm or at 1 am.

you mean AMC4 at 101 ;)

G4/G16 has just the one set of nets

and how can you watch Leno at 7PM or 1AM? There are only 4 time zones :)

Those NBC feeds are just the legit feeds with NBC commercials and black space. So if Leno is on at 11:35 Eastern someone on the west coast can see it at 8:35 PDT and someone on the east coast can see it at 2:35 EDT but not both :)

my mistake! i am getting the nbc ch on the amc 1 sat. four or five of them. never watch them, just flip through sometimes, also a telemundo test pattern. i didnt know those were feeds, thought they were actual nbc ch from a city in those time zones. silly me!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)