Worst CSR'S

phytoactiv

Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
My install started @ 9 AM saturday guy was slow but very pleasant.
By 10 AM I knew it was gonna be a long day, no dish up yet still trying to assemble it along with the new 4' pole for the winegaurd. Finally by about 11 am its up the ladder with the dish and he starts to run the cable and then I saw the displexer he was going to install he said it was new, they were installing channel master up till now. He finished the cable and pulled an open box from his vehicle with the reciever,remote,two cables RGB and audio but no DVI. So I told him I was considering buying another high def television and why there was no DVI he said he might have one in his vehicle and that Voom sometimes doesn't always pack everything.
Now its about 12:30 and he's ready to connect and he has a 87 on the sat. quality 0 on OTA(not hooked up yet). Out he goes and hooks up the OTA cable and now no sat signal, so he checks for signal strength all the way to the reciever and its fine. Next he calls his boss and then tec support for Voom and they say activate the reciever and they will come on within 24 hours,which I don't want to because that was half the reason I went with Voom the ota channels, I can see the towers from my house. So i let them activate which I know won't work but my installer said he didn't know what else to do its now 3 pm. I did mention quite a few times about running two lines he just wouldn't budge, I did get a 25 foot piece of cable with ends to run it myself from him but no grounding block. I know the problem is the displexers because when you disconnect the OTA the sat signal comes back. Finally a picture(excellant by the way) so we fed him some food and he left 4:30.
Now today I call Voom to complain about no OTA channels and she tells me its not part of the service which I can't believe. If not why why bother giving ota antennas with the service, anyways she just kept with her attitude and saying the ota are not include in the service, and now two weeks to get someone to service it, that was it I said just do as an uninstall, and I will contact my credit card company and telling them not to pay. She also did tell me they would'nt say it will come on within 24 hrs which is a bull because I could here the tec on the phone. When I go to work one of the things I don't do is argue with the customer if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have a job. I called my installer it seems they get $25 for a uninstall as well as the $90 for the install but if I would have done a service call it would have cost him $25 of the $90. As for HD in my house I'll go to comcast untill Dish or DIrect buys up Voom, I can't see the company ever making any profit with csr's like the one I talked to. There was alot of other things about the install but this is turning into a book.

It amazes me how many horror stories Ive read just like this one. But still people keep trying to sign up for Voom.

I dont get it. How much of a warning do people need?

zubinh said:
It amazes me how many horror stories Ive read just like this one. But still people keep trying to sign up for Voom.

Since you don't sub to Voom how would you really know? You just sound jealous.

I've had the worse CS from Rupert.

phytoactiv said:
My install started @ 9 AM saturday guy was slow but very pleasant.
By 10 AM I knew it was gonna be a long day, no dish up yet still trying to assemble it along with the new 4' pole for the winegaurd. Finally by about 11 am its up the ladder with the dish and he starts to run the cable and then I saw the displexer he was going to install he said it was new, they were installing channel master up till now. He finished the cable and pulled an open box from his vehicle with the reciever,remote,two cables RGB and audio but no DVI. So I told him I was considering buying another high def television and why there was no DVI he said he might have one in his vehicle and that Voom sometimes doesn't always pack everything.
Now its about 12:30 and he's ready to connect and he has a 87 on the sat. quality 0 on OTA(not hooked up yet). Out he goes and hooks up the OTA cable and now no sat signal, so he checks for signal strength all the way to the reciever and its fine. Next he calls his boss and then tec support for Voom and they say activate the reciever and they will come on within 24 hours,which I don't want to because that was half the reason I went with Voom the ota channels, I can see the towers from my house. So i let them activate which I know won't work but my installer said he didn't know what else to do its now 3 pm. I did mention quite a few times about running two lines he just wouldn't budge, I did get a 25 foot piece of cable with ends to run it myself from him but no grounding block. I know the problem is the displexers because when you disconnect the OTA the sat signal comes back. Finally a picture(excellant by the way) so we fed him some food and he left 4:30.
Now today I call Voom to complain about no OTA channels and she tells me its not part of the service which I can't believe. If not why why bother giving ota antennas with the service, anyways she just kept with her attitude and saying the ota are not include in the service, and now two weeks to get someone to service it, that was it I said just do as an uninstall, and I will contact my credit card company and telling them not to pay. She also did tell me they would'nt say it will come on within 24 hrs which is a bull because I could here the tec on the phone. When I go to work one of the things I don't do is argue with the customer if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have a job. I called my installer it seems they get $25 for a uninstall as well as the $90 for the install but if I would have done a service call it would have cost him $25 of the $90. As for HD in my house I'll go to comcast untill Dish or DIrect buys up Voom, I can't see the company ever making any profit with csr's like the one I talked to. There was alot of other things about the install but this is turning into a book.

Odd- you had nothing good to say about Voom's HD channels.

zubinh said:

I guess you never heard DirecTv's or Dish Horror stories. Reason number one why I never signed with DirecTv -- incompetence of CSrs to answer basic question;

After sign up with Dish Network, Dish Network messed up my installation about three times and now I will not let anyone that Dish Network subcontract to troubleshoot any problems because I had so many screw up service calls with them that I rather do the troubleshoot myself. So please do not come here and say that any DBS's providers has better customer service. It all depends how lucky you can get with CSRs or installers.

Sean Mota said:
So please do not come here and say that any DBS's providers has better customer service.

Uh.. I never did Sean. Just making an observation

All DBS providers have CSR issues. But the more threads you read you realize there are a few happy Voomers but ALOT more unhappy Voomers.

zubinh said:
Uh.. I never did Sean. Just making an observation

All DBS providers have CSR issues. But the more threads you read you realize there are a few happy Voomers but ALOT more unhappy Voomers.

You only read about the ones with problems but most who had a good install never bother to post. Jus to put everything in perspective.

zubinh said:

Yawn! Troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure there are more good stories than bad. The subscriber base is climbing like crazy -- something must be working. I dealt with one CSR who was good natured but took almost an hour (total, including "hold" time) to handle three small tasks for me. He had to put me on hold over, and over, and over.... Fortunately, I was on a speaker phone and could get other work done. A few days later another CSR called me to verify that my issues were taken care of. Hey, they're a new company and they are trying. VOOM customers have to put up with some bumps, but we also get the excitement of new channels coming online now and then, new software releases coming, the promise of a HD PVR in the fall, perhaps a new dish, etc.

If you don't get too burned by the CSRs, bad installers, etc., part of the entertainment of having VOOM is participating in their new venture, watching new services come online, and wondering what's going to happen next. :clap

With cable, and D*, and E* you get... :sleeo [yawn] :sleeo .....

I have read alot of stories about bad experiences on here with Voom installs and such. I am still waiting on the installer to get the equipment to do my install. I have to agree with Sean though, what is the first thing you want to do when something bad or frustrating happens when you are dealing with a company? You want to go out and tell everyone about it. And I think it is a good thing to let everyone know how things went whether it is bad or good, I enjoy reading about those experiences. I don't like to see people get so mad they drop the service in one day or even before the installers show up, that does not help anyone. I want VOOM to succeed because I have had Dish Network, DirecTV, and Cox Cable. I have had bad experiences with two out of three and I don't think any of them has the commitment to HDTV that VOOM seems to have.

There are going to be problems, I expect to have problems with my install, VOOM is a new company and it will take time to get it all straight. CSR's are just operators who don't know everything. You could call back and get someone different who would tell you the exact opposite. I hope things work out for you and they get you fixed up and I hope you give VOOM another chance. Take care,

kaw

zubinh said:

Give me a FRICKIN break, Cableman! For every bad install you read about here, there are probably 50 good ones. I had a great install, my Voom works wonderful and I couldn't be happier. :D

People that give up after less than 8 hours crack me up! No balls to go the distance with a startup company. :no

I've had much worse CSR experiences with Dish and their PQ stinks beyond belief! :yes

See if you can explain this

I'm with DarrellP on this.

Installation: Was done in a little over 2 hours. Installer removed older equipment and coax runs, and replaced with new. Ran wires through the attic, into walls, and everything is hidden. Dish mounted in unobtrusive location and not visible from the street. Maybe he left a smudge or two on the walls, but I know how to paint over them.

Receiver: Now in its 6th month of operation. Had 1 lockup that I caused myself. This is the original receiver as installed on day #1. No swap-out ever offered, and none needed.

Programming: Have VaVaVoom package. More than enough to be able to find a show that I want to watch. Statements like: "I can't live without ........." (fill in the blank) make me want to hurl. Either figure out how to get it or die? Come on.

OTA: Had a problem getting one of the locals. It wasn't that big of deal, so I didn't call about it until recently. This was after researching and reading, so I could explain the problem in detail. Called Voom and they scheduled a service call. Tech came with a new antenna and put it up, and now I get all locals. He was here for 30 minutes.

Voom Customer Service: In six months, I've sent 2 e-mail questions, and called once about the OTA antenna. They have called me once when they needed a decision on programming after the free period expired at the end of March. All CSR's that I have dealt with have been professional, courteous, and efficient.

Billing: All information is available at the Voom website. I have paid exactly $0 for programming this year, due to the long free period, and the $300 credit that Voom gave the early STB purchasers.

This forum: A tremendous source of information. This is really a 24/7 support center. Someone is always available to help or to try to answer a question.

Summary: Very satisfied customer, and not afraid to say so. I enjoy Voom, but it is not the most important part of my life. I'm certainly not going to die if I don't get channel XYZ. Any problem I've had with equipment was either caused by me, or due to lack of knowledge on my part. I'm no expert, but there are plenty of them on this forum. Reading all the negative posts makes me think I must be the luckiest Voom subscriber in the world. I fail to see how that can be bad.

I hope everyone realizes that there are no "Voom installers". The installer that comes out to install Voom may well be the same installer you get when you replace Voom with Dish or DirecTV. There are several problems at play in Voom experiencing poor installs:

• Poor directions to the installer from Voom. Voom should be telling installers about the diplexor issue and reminding them that the DVI cable belongs to the customer.
  • To really fix the DVI cable issue, it should be noted prominently on a sticker on the manual cover, and on the box.
  • Voom is paying low installation cost, therefore not getting the best installers in the area.
  • Installers don't see much Voom, and probably don't have it themselves.
  • The issue of rain fade with the small dish needs to be rectified.
  • Voom CSRs may not be providing the best support to the installers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)