Worst customer service experience in 6 years.

carter69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I have been a dish customer for about 6 years now and over all have had very positive dealings with customer service. Last night however was the worst ever.

I got my dish bill to detail my credit card autopay. There was a charge for Dec 12 for a superdish upgrade kit. I thought this was odd, as I called in on the 12th to add the Ft. Wayne locals to my account. I already had a super dish installed on Aug 13 2005 through a local reseller. At that same time he called in to swap my receiver service to the 942 I had already purchased through dishstore.net. After the swap he checked out the dish install to make sure everything was working, I also ordered the hd pack at that time, but not the locals.

I thought this will be easy, tell them the mix up and they will take it off.... OOO no, had to argue with the front line billing lady. She read some notes from my account stating that I called to cancel the dish installer and that the install was re scheduled for dec 13. I let her finish reading the notes to me and then said that those were not me notes and that no one has ever been here since aug 13 to install a super dish. She mentioned a name of Dusty you called to re schedule the appointment. I pointed out that no one by the name of Dusty lives here nor is authorized on the account to make any changes. She proceeded to read me the notes again and insits that they came and did the install. We went around and around with her telling me what a super dish is and that I needed it to have locals. I asked for a supervisors and got one, and you would think they took the brain out of the first person and stuck it in the head of another... This guy proceeded to read me the notes again and tell me that I had a super dish installed on dec 13th. I calmly tried to explain again that this did not happen, and they refused to believe me. I asked if we could agree that the notes they have and that what I am telling him is incorrect and he said no, that things were correct because the phone number, address and last 4 digits on the account were correct. I said yes, that everything except the install notes for the 12th and 13th were correct. He said that there was no charge on Aug 13 for the dish upgrade kit and thus I never had it installed. I kept trying to tell him that I went through a local reseller because I trusted their install crew and I had paid them. He asked for their name and number so he could talk to them. Don't think he ever did or ever will call them

I called the local place and got a copy of the charge and then went back home and called dish again, hoping to get someone with a clue on listening. But ooh no, got another one that insisted that I did not know what a super dish was and that a 942 receiver was not a superdish. I asked her to explain to me, since I obviously did not know what a superdish was, to explain it to me :) she proceeded to explain what it looked like and that it was mounted outside, etc... So I said, if I walk out on my patio and look at the front of the dish, should it say SuperDish, she said yes... I said that is what I have, and she said that was what they installed on Dec 12... :mad:

I said this is what was installed on Aug 13th... she said no that I probably had a dish 500. At this point I though my head was going to explode. So we went around and around again and I asked her to look in my notes as to how long I have been a customer and that I have upgraded me receiver to the top of the line receiver every few years and asked what reason would I have to lie about a $60 charge for a super dish upgrade kit. She went to talk to her "supervisor" and then came back and said she would reverse the charge.

I hung up and then called back today, still pissed and wanted to make sure that either the notes about the bogus dish install was removed or flagged as a dispute of inaccurate information. I don't know if I got a yea yea I have marked it or not, but they really ticked off a good customer with the whole ordeal.

Just got fios installed for internet and phone a few weeks ago and had they offered video last night, I would have been ready to drop dish and try fios video.

Sorry to hear that. It seems that CS is going down hill. I had a supervisor call me a "liar" a while back. I had a 61.5 install sceduled to receive VOOM. The tech said he couldn't install it because of line of sight (he just didn't want to climb up on the second story). So i had a 148 installed for the must carries (went through the Executive offices to have a private retailer install it). When the bill came about a month later I was still being charged for VOOM so the installer came back, climbed up, readjusted the dish, ran a check switch and everything worked fine (no paperwork). The next month I got a bill for $99.00 for the dish (which I was going to pay originally). I called and they said that the 148 was never installed and they did a 61.5 install. I read both sets of paperwork from the refusal to install and the must carry install and he called me a "liar" that I was just making it up and hung up. I called back, got the last operators ID number, got connected to the executive offices and lo and behold it was reversed. Needless to say my local DNS is not allowed back. They refused to do the work 3 times.

I have had plenty of go arounds with Dish Network and spend several hours of my time and been disconnected several times over a single dispute. They would blame or or outright lie or not take the blame for their issues and not be fair about particular things. I have not had issues for a while now in which I would have to deal with a CSR to resolve.

I live in Canada so I have Bell ExpressVu but cs is just as bad if not worse.I sgined up in June for the basic package plus 5 theme packs for $45 CDN/month. The promo at the time was "buy 5 or more theme packs and recieve up to 7 additional theme packs for no cost for 2 months" That was great.Free channels.

My first bill came a month later.I had been charged for those 7 free theme packs.I called to reverse the charge but the guy who spoke little english insisted that there was no such promo and I didn't know what I was talking about.I asked to speak to a supervisor and he hung up on me!!:mad:

By this point I was fuming. I called back got another guy who again spoke little english.He told me that ExpressVu does not give free previews.:confused: I hung up on him called back again and got a woman who was very nice but could barely speak english.She reversed the charges and told me that many of the other CSR's didn't have a clue.

Since them I've had numerous other fall outs with ExpressVu and I look forward to the of my contract.:)

I just cancelled Vonage because of the lousy non-English-speaking CSRs.

Gonna start a thread about the whole thing as soon as I find the right forum here.

SimpleSimon said:
Gonna start a thread about the whole thing as soon as I find the right forum here.
That might be a good idea, since I know a lot of big company heads read SatelliteGuys....because of the cheaper labour it might not do much, but if enough of us speak out it may do some good.

I say go for it Simon:up

E* CS is a joke... I always have to call 2-3 times to get somebody that knows WTF he/she is doing and is able to help me.

ke4est said:
That might be a good idea, since I know a lot of big company heads read SatelliteGuys....because of the cheaper labour it might not do much, but if enough of us speak out it may do some good.

I say go for it Simon:up
I found SunRocket. Cool CSR - they're in Canada. That's close enough for me! :up

Here's my thread: [thread=50755]Vonage CSRs SUCK![/thread]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)