Worst...NFL SUNDAY...Ever (this season)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
AFC games on CBS
NFC games on FOX

AFC vs NFC games.... then who ever is the home team then the above conference channel will broadcast the game. Like today for example.
Steelers was in Arizona. FOX did the game. Since Arizona is in the NFC and is the home team.

Is it still this way; it was for the longest.

no it isnt that way the road team decides what station it is on, steelers game was on cbs

I got a problem. I recorded a game on the HD channel today, and when I got home from work to watch it got a black screen, searching for "authorized content" and then the 721 message. I have Sunday Ticket, with Superfan, and apparently do not get the HD feeds. I tuned to Red Zone prior to work and noticed I didn't get the HD channel, but the regular SD one, but didn't pay any mind (was in a hurry).

Is this something that needs to be brought up with D*, or is there anything else I need to get the HD feeds?? I do have the HD package, and have all the new channels, so what gives?? Thanks!!

Its been the road team gets the coverage for as long as I can remember. I found this out when I went to my first Niners game live and they played the Bengals and NBC was there covering the game.

This year CBS does up to five game a week in HD, not one or two. On Sept. 30 CBS did five HD games and DirecTV showed them all, including the Colts games. I watched the Colts game in HD from DirecTV on channel 721. Some of the late games don't get their own HD channel and there is some overlap this year for some reason.

The Browns game was not in HD and any highlights would be an upconvert, not true HD.

I was kinda wondering why the Browns don't have many (or any) games in HD so far - not a Browns fan but was curious.

Also Houston/Atlanta was non HD I believe. any idea why/how they choose the non-HD games? Is it a stadium issue? Or is it a bandwidth issue with D*. Just curious

First year with D* - Sunday Ticket has been absolutely terrific so far - very impressed.

I was kinda wondering why the Browns don't have many (or any) games in HD so far - not a Browns fan but was curious.

Also Houston/Atlanta was non HD I believe. any idea why/how they choose the non-HD games? Is it a stadium issue? Or is it a bandwidth issue with D*. Just curious

First year with D* - Sunday Ticket has been absolutely terrific so far - very impressed.

non-hd games r determined by the networks using criteria such as: records of teams playing / glamour teams / market size / pct% of country getting game....hou/atl ranks low on all those scales so = non-hd game.

re: Sunday Ticket Blackout

I got a problem. I recorded a game on the HD channel today, and when I got home from work to watch it got a black screen, searching for "authorized content" and then the 721 message. I have Sunday Ticket, with Superfan, and apparently do not get the HD feeds. I tuned to Red Zone prior to work and noticed I didn't get the HD channel, but the regular SD one, but didn't pay any mind (was in a hurry).

Is this something that needs to be brought up with D*, or is there anything else I need to get the HD feeds?? I do have the HD package, and have all the new channels, so what gives?? Thanks!!

It was blacked out because the game was available on one of your local channels. Sunday Ticket is only good for watching out-of-market games. If the game WASNT on one of your local channels then D* thinks you are in a market that you aren't in.

Yeah I noticed that.. well noticed in the sense that I didn't get HD until week 2 and haven't seen a Browns game in HD yet..

FYI As a member of a group that broadcasts NFL games for AT&T. The Browns game against the Ravens was in HD. The production truck was HD our video fiber optic transport to New York was HD. The issue was CBS uplinks. They only have a limited number of HD pipes up to the birds. I was disappointed myself because I had setup my father-in-law and father both of whom just got HDTVs to be able to receive the WOIO OTA feeds. Most of the time something is not in HD it is because the networks do not have enough production HD trucks or uplink encoders. the local affiliates and E* and D* have nothing to do with it.

Really ???
Thats interesting,
I figured it would be the other way around.

Jimbo

They do it that way so both networks get a chance to show all teams no matter what conference. Fox gets to show some AFC games and CBS gets some NFC games. I guess it makes for more even distribution of teams that draw the best non-local ratings.

FYI As a member of a group that broadcasts NFL games for AT&T. The Browns game against the Ravens was in HD. The production truck was HD our video fiber optic transport to New York was HD. The issue was CBS uplinks. They only have a limited number of HD pipes up to the birds..
interesting info! any idea how NBC gets ahold of HD highlights with the CBS logo/overlay on them for their Sunday night pre-game? I didn't see the same ones on ESPN or NFLN.

Well the nice empty blue seats at BOA Stadium looked ok in hd and i guess the Bucs looked fine too but my Panthers.................

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)