Worst place to mount a dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Is on top of a shed. I switched the receiver on this AM for the first time since Christmas and no signal. Looked out the window and the thing is burried in snow (roughly 3 feet). Also can't get into the shed to fetch the ladder to clean the roof off and am way too impatient (ok lazy) to shovel up a snow mountain to then hop onto the roof.

For folks who are considering mounting a dish on the shed... don't!

Am seriously p***** off at the moment.

Cheers, K

For me, the shed is a great place to mount my dishes. But snow can be a problem ;)
Snowdish 007.JPG

Brian mentioned this for rain for LNBF cover: .satelliteguys.us/threads/301247-Mini-BUD-C-band-Project-99w-91W?p=3062671#post3062671

But sight includes snow:Enhances TV reception during rain and snow. Water cannot stick to interfere with satellite signal. Simple to apply. Single application lasts up to 1 year.

""First will be coating the cover with King Controls Rain Shield: ""
xxx.google.com/shopping/produ...ing%20Controls

Seems like a possibility of solving snow problem on LNBF,

Worst place to mount a dish
I can think of a couple
a tree
the peak of the roof of your house and you live in snow valley
the bumper of your pickup and you forget its still attached when you move your truck (guilty!!)

My Ku dishes are on the flat roof of an attached shed room mounted to NPRMs.

Three advantages: 1) Harder for trespassing vandals to reach, 2) Slightly better LOS for Hispasat, and 3) Wiring goes straight into the building.

Usually no snow in the Big Easy ;) ...

If I remember right it was aimed for 123W when Equity was around. This was at the lake house and I had to move the truck so I could cut the lawn. Busted the coax out of the LNB but other than that the dish was fine :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)