Worth a look

Status
Please reply by conversation.
IMO, it's just a matter of time before fiber/internet consumes OTA/FTA as we know it now. :(

Like everything else we just need to enjoy it while it lasts, these are the good ole days. :)

I agree I figure we've got 8-10 years We in FTA and/or OTA, we are the minority. I'll turn the tv off at that point as I refuse, and can't afford $100 plus a month some folks pay for 200 channels and watch only a handful of them. You hear it all the time....I'd like OTA or FTA but can I get HBO?, or Fox Sports? or....Until people can learn to live without cable or mini dish well those monthly bills will keep on coming. Thats my rant for today lol...bli8nd

I agree I figure we've got 8-10 years We in FTA and/or OTA, we are the minority. I'll turn the tv off at that point as I refuse, and can't afford $100 plus a month some folks pay for 200 channels and watch only a handful of them.

DIRECTV charges $34.99/month for 200 channels, not $100 plus/month.
At their website now it even says - Locked in till 2011. Even if you have 2-3 more receivers in the house, other fees and taxes wouldn't add up to a grand total of $100/month.

I tend to disagree, there is a lot more maintemance in fibre than Satellite. especially when you consider how the thin the N American population is spread over an enormous area.
I think terrestial stations may combine and will go to Satellite to cut costs.

As for: "Good programing is expensive," Rupert Murdoch, whose News Corp. owns Fox, told a shareholder meeting this fall. "It can no longer be supported solely by advertising revenues." A complete U turn from what he said in Italy when he introduced 3 FTA channels 2 months back. Then again it was said at a shareholders meeting and they will say anything in that forum.

He has never made good programming in his life and he is trying to justify increasing subscription rates to cover all the cancellations. In Europe there are far more cancellations than new subscribers. If N America was to start following we might see the break up of the larger broadcasters or at least knock some sense into them so that they produced more reasonably priced packages of what people wanted to watch instead of packages of 200 channels with 6 watchable and too many repeats.

Not too worried about IPTV, too many bugs. I am, however waiting for the next paradigm shift that will replace TV as we know it. I just wish I were visionary enough to predict it, and buy shares early....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts