Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper'
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml

Last month, Republican Congressional leaders filed into the Oval Office to meet with President George W. Bush and talk about renewing the controversial USA Patriot Act.

Several provisions of the act, passed in the shell shocked period immediately following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, caused enough anger that liberal groups like the American Civil Liberties Union had joined forces with prominent conservatives like Phyllis Schlafly and Bob Barr to oppose renewal.

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

Zeig Heil!

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

I’ve talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution “a goddamned piece of paper.”

What is with dictators and their pet names for their country like Fatherland, Motherland, and Homeland as in Homeland Security? And they invade countries at will for no reasonable cause. Hitler invaded Poland, Czechoslovakia, and France to start WW2 while Bush invaded Afghanistan, Iraq and soon to Neocolonize Iran which may start WW4. The second in power at the Treasury Department under Reagan Col. Craig Roberts stated that this government that we have now is the evilest government that he’s ever seen including Hitler and Stalin. Then people like Bob Barr is bad mouthing these bastards and I forget what he said the other week but it was damning.

And, to the Bush Administration, the Constitution of the United States is little more than toilet paper stained from all the sh*t that this group of power-mad despots have dumped on the freedoms that “goddamned piece of paper” used to guarantee.

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, while still White House counsel, wrote that the “Constitution is an outdated document.”

Put aside, for a moment, political affiliation or personal beliefs. It doesn’t matter if you are a Democrat, Republican or Independent. It doesn’t matter if you support the invasion or Iraq or not. Despite our differences, the Constitution has stood for two centuries as the defining document of our government, the final source to determine – in the end – if something is legal or right.

Every federal official – including the President – who takes an oath of office swears to “uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Small part cut (edit)

And don’t buy the White House hype that the USA Patriot Act is a necessary tool to fight terrorism. It is a dangerous law that infringes on the rights of every American citizen and, as one brave aide told President Bush, something that undermines the Constitution of the United States.

But why should Bush care? After all, the Constitution is just “a goddamned piece of paper.”

Amen and Merry Christmas! These people are very dangerous and were behind 9/11, lied about WMD, and put Anthrax in the mail to get the crap passed without any debate or the Congress reading it. After their next attack it's IMO that we'll be living in the 4th Reich with the technology to crush us all. There will be nowhere to hide. If I run and live with Scott G he and I will be caught because they know how much food and toilet paper he uses with the Shopping Cards that he uses to get a 5% discount. And with Congress refusing to renew the Patriot Act that spies on citizens Herr Bush has the window to attack again. And when he does he'll say that you stopped me from protecting you so never question me again and I need more power. Checkpoints start everywhere tomorrow to protect you.

Zeig Heil!

121205paper

Last edited:
is there another source for any of this information, or does it appear solely on the supposedly 'nonpartisan' site where you found it?

I generally don't discuss politics in a public forum however this thread begs me to do so. Have we had another terrorist attack on American soil since 911 ? No. Believe me if they could they would have. Not to say it couldn't happen again in the future. If it takes the Federal Government to monitor telephone calls going overseas or it inconveniences me at an airport so be it. We have not given up any rights as I see it. If someone is paranoid or afraid that the federal government is going to monitor or watch over its people what are they doing wrong or trying to hide.

Pepper said:
is there another source for any of this information, or does it appear solely on the supposedly 'nonpartisan' site where you found it?
Agreed. A google search only reveals a web of self-refrencing blog entries.

Agreed as well, if this was true it would be the first thing on CNN, they love to bash bush. :D

They would be all over it like white on rice. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Agreed as well, if this was true it would be the first thing on CNN, they love to bash bush. :D

They would be all over it like white on rice. :D
Not to change the subject, uhh, why is your star out of place?

Again I must ask the most riveting question that man must ask- NO HE MUST DEMAND TO KNOW!!!!! what would Mulder and Scully do right about now??!!:eek:

It's still We the People right? If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line...but it'd better work this time

<guitar solo>

Anyways, don't start the "we haven't been attacked" stuff please...Like before Bush got to office we were getting attacked often or something...They'll hit when they want to hit if they want to hit, it's that simple. Look at what they accomplished with 9/11, how could they possibly top it outside of using our nuclear plants against us?

Frank Jr. said:
I generally don't discuss politics in a public forum however this thread begs me to do so. Have we had another terrorist attack on American soil since 911 ? No. Believe me if they could they would have. Not to say it couldn't happen again in the future. If it takes the Federal Government to monitor telephone calls going overseas or it inconveniences me at an airport so be it. We have not given up any rights as I see it. If someone is paranoid or afraid that the federal government is going to monitor or watch over its people what are they doing wrong or trying to hide.
Thats my story and I'm sticking with it.

Folks I know some of you are upset with Rogers posts, and you can agree with him or not, but they do get you thinking. :)

His post violates no TOS here, nor was it posted in the incorrect area.

If you are offended by his posts remember you can put him (or any other user) on ignore and you will never see his posts again when your logged in. :)

Happy Holidays to all!

"How do you add some one to the 'ignore' list," Some may ask? The answer is simple:

At the top of this page click on the "User CP" link. This will take you to your control panel. On the left side of the CP page are several options. Second from the bottom is "Buddy / Ignore Lists". Click on that.
You are now in a page with places to add a "Buddy", "Journal Buddy" or "Ignore"
Add the name of the person you wish to be your buddy or wish to ignore in the appropriate spot. Click on the appropriate "Update List Button"

That's it.

See ya
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)