Would Buying The 622, Let You Work On Your Problem??? Without Voiding The Warranty??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bumblebee8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
First of all, I have a VIP622 connected to two dishes, a dish 500 for the 129 satellite and a dish 1000 for the 110 and 119 satellites, this was a new install. The tech connected these satellites thru my OTA antenna coming into my house. This worked perfect for about 5 months, then bang no signal coming into the receiver. I called Dish and they sent out another tech from the same company that did the initial installation. First of all, he said I have never seen an install like this before, talking about the two dishes, that sounded odd to me but to make a long story short, he replaced the 129 LNB, as he thought this might be the problem and after about 2 hours, we finally had a signal coming into the receiver...problem solved, we thought. Worked for a couple of days, same problem, this time, he said it must be the receiver and he replaced it with a new one. Again worked for about another 3 days and we still have the same problem.. He came back again, this time at night and of course, he couldn't trace anything at night but said he would be back the next day, called and said he was tied up and couldn't come but would try and get by today.. A no show so far today and we are still without a signal coming to the receiver. I asked the first tech that did the initial install if he had ever installed a 622 before and he said no, this was his first. I asked the second tech that has been coming this time and he said he had never installed a 622 either only been working with this company for only 3 months. just my luck, after the second time he came, he was trying but he just doesn't know what to do. If the receiver was mine and not a lease, I would go over everything but I don't want to void my warranty. I think it has to do with the switches or the LNB's and the way they have it connected, we are just not getting a signal, it comes and goes. Sometime when you turn the receiver from OTA to Satellite, we get no signal and the 015 message comes up searching for satellite. I am paying Dish $100 mo and can't get programming half the time.... What do you guys think is wrong, any help I can give the tech if he finally come would be appreciated, sorry for the long post but I really need some help here. Thanks,

First I am no expert, just read here a lot. There ARE experts who will chime in.

Try disconnecting your coax at the receiver, then do a check switch, then hook your coax back up followed with another check switch.

Epauladams, When I first called Dish Network, they had me do what you suggested, it didn't help the problem, thats when Dish said I will send a tech out to find the problem, so far they haven't found the problem. Thanks for your reply.

Check the diplexer where the OTA and the sat signals come together. Try disconnecting the antenna from the diplexor. I have seen where after a while they quit working if they are cheap diplexers.

How Many Receivers Just The 622?????

The 622 is a dual tuner , if you have a two dish solution there should be one wire coming from the dish 1000 going into a pro+ seperator on the back of your receiver. if the tech used a diplexer... remove the side that says sat, or power pass, and connect that to the seperator... If there r 2 dishes it sounds like a Line Of Sight Issue... do you have a lot of trees? r the dishes easile accessable? or r they on your roof? try reseting the LNB... remove the LNB from the shrouhd..(you will need a 7/16 wrench and phillips screwdriver) unplug it for a minute then recconect it.
If it is on port 1, switch to port 2(should be 3 ports on dish 100 LNB, 2 on left if your looking at it, and one on the right, for 129 sat..... WHAT signal are you missing? 119,110, or, 129, or alll?
Error 15 means aquirning sat signal.
Do a check switch. <<<<>>>>Menu, number 6, number 1, number 1>>>this should take you to check switch screen. goto test button, hit test...
Should goto 1 of 3 give it a couple seconds. If it goes to 1 of 38,, or 1 of 50... there is a problem in the line, or connection itself... do check switch, check line of sight, disconnect second dish line from 500 to 1000, do check switch, should at least get 119 and 110 services.
Installer should not have put up second dish... wadda idiot! Tell them they need more training...LOL.. if there is no line of sight, there is no line of sight! TRIM SOME TREEESSS MAYBE?????? getta better company, one associated with dish... they sound llike retailers....

The warranty is only voided if damage or alterations to the receiver (including improper repairs, non-factory solder, etc) are identified should you return the unit. If you buy the unit and return it, you're fine, you'll never see the charge. But if you damage the receiver, or void the warranty while discovering damage, you'd be held responsible for any charges if you try to exchange the unit.

If your description is correct, you should only have one dish not two. The Dish 1000 was specifically designed to be a single dish solution for receiving 110, 119 and 129. The only thing I can think of is that you are in a weak part of the 129 footprint and the installer used a D500 dish to get more signal on 129. That being the case, he should have also used a D500 for 110/119. What switch do you have and what LNBs?

Scrufmcgruf60692 & Rthompo3

When we lose signals, it is on all 3 satellites, 129,119,110. The reason for the two dish set-up was the tech that installed the system, couldn't get a good signal on the 1000 for the 129 sat. My location is in NE Mississippi. I don't know what switch the tech used when he connected with my OTA antenna as it is on the top of my shop, I will check tomorrow. As for the LNB's I think it is a DPP Twin, that is the one on the dish 1000, he took the single LNB that came with the 1000 and put it on the dish 500. At first we got good signals for about 5 months, the problem we are having started about 10 days ago. Trees are not a problem but we have had some wind and rain lately. The tech was surposed to come today but he didn't show, I called him tonight and he said he would ask his supervisor if he could come tomorrow. I told him if HIS supervisor would not let him come to resolve this problem tomorrow to call me and I would contact Dish Network again to get someone else to come to my house. I'm tired of this run around. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)