Would it be alot of work to move the 2 receivers around?

pandatera

Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
new york
Hi,

I want to switch around the 2 receivers in my house, this is the setup now:

Receiver 1 - 211k in first floor living room
Receiver 2 - 222k TV 1 - first floor bedroom, TV 2 basement (the satelite cable is coming in from the window)

I want to move receiver 1 to where receiver 2. Move receiver 2 to where receiver 1 is and the remote tv stay in the basement. Since receiver 2 have 2 tvs hook up would i need to do new wiring to set it up? Would this be very complicated, should I make a service call to do this?

Also right now i have a coaxial cable running from receiver 1 to receiver 2 not connected to anything. (I use to have directv, and didn't have a receiver in the bedroom, so i pull a coaxial cable from living tv to my room.) Would this coaxial cable help in anyway?

I'm not really good at doing these things, unless is fairly easy. I tend to mess things up. Right now I don't know how the receiver 2 is hook up because i'm at work and would not be home till thursday. So trying to figure out how i will get them move around when i get home or should i call for service?

Thanks
Lai

In this type of situation with the TV2 it can get a little complicated. I would be happy to help setup a tech visit for you. Feel free to send me a PM.

By the sounds of it a truck roll would be the easiest. However, if you can deal with swapping out diplexers and/or triplexers or separators, I can help you out with that.

What you'll need is both a line from the dish and a line from the current 211k location to the TV2 location. You'll also likely need to cut the current line from the dish to the current 211k location in order to place connectors on the line to add a diplexer on the dish end. The TV2 line would need to meet up with the diplexer on the dish end.

It all sounds complicated but it's actually incredibly easy with the right tools and a little research.

Just depends on how confident you are in your own ability to splice cable and hook up diplexers properly. I can provide diagrams if that would help.

Otherwise, just get a Dish tech out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

3HaloODST said:
By the sounds of it a truck roll would be the easiest. However, if you can deal with swapping out diplexers and/or triplexers or separators, I can help you out with that.

What you'll need is both a line from the dish and a line from the current 211k location to the TV2 location. You'll also likely need to cut the current line from the dish to the current 211k location in order to place connectors on the line to add a diplexer on the dish end. The TV2 line would need to meet up with the diplexer on the dish end.

It all sounds complicated but it's actually incredibly easy with the right tools and a little research.

Just depends on how confident you are in your own ability to splice cable and hook up diplexers properly. I can provide diagrams if that would help.

Otherwise, just get a Dish tech out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Most properly installed systems will have the ground block and diplexer right there at the same location. No need to get complicated and cut current lines or add connectors, this is simple. At the ground block remove the coax from the 211, at the diplexer, remove the coax from the combined (single port) side. Swap the two cables, tighten then head inside and relocate your receivers. Done in 10 min(or however long it takes your newly relocated receivers to download the pg).

Most properly installed systems will have the ground block and diplexer right there at the same location. No need to get complicated and cut current lines or add connectors, this is simple. At the ground block remove the coax from the 211, at the diplexer, remove the coax from the combined (single port) side. Swap the two cables, tighten then head inside and relocate your receivers. Done in 10 min(or however long it takes your newly relocated receivers to download the pg).

Forgot about the ground block. Both of mine are in pretty much inaccessible spots. The diplexer for the 722k is nowhere near the ground block. Hopefully this works out for the OP.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts