Would like to switch to the Hopper but....

bajaharry

Original poster
Oct 23, 2005
Here is my situation. We have to use a 6.2 meter dish and only receive sat 119. Absolutely can not receive any other sats. We have the dual LNB so 2 coaxials coming in to our VIP 722K.

Question: Will the Hopper work in this scenario?

As an experiment a while back, I ran a Switch Check with my Hopper on my DPP 1000.2 with the 110 and 129 LNBF covered with aluminum foil and just one cable from the Dish to the Solo. The Switch Check found just 119 and the EPG was changed to just 119 satellites.

So I would say yes.

The only thing I can see arising out of it is if the hopper detects the switch and LNB as a legacy, since legacy doesn't work with the Hopper.

The only thing I can see arising out of it is if the hopper detects the switch and LNB as a legacy, since legacy doesn't work with the Hopper.
Couldn't he just buy a seperate Switch, Like a Dpp33 or 44?
Then I'm fairly certain it doesn't matter what you have connected.

You will need to get a DP (if yours is a legacy) LNBF and you will also need to have either a DPP33 or a DPP44 switch since the Hopper only works with DPP equipment.

Reactions: Troch77
Is the dish really 20’?

Would a legacy dual output LNB run into a 3rd party stacker appear as a DP LNB to a switch/receiver?

Here is my situation. We have to use a 6.2 meter dish and only receive sat 119. Absolutely can not receive any other sats. We have the dual LNB so 2 coaxials coming in to our VIP 722K.

Question: Will the Hopper work in this scenario?
6.2 metre? THat's like 19 feet in diameter.....Where do you live? Between Fairbanks and Barrow?

Sorry guys, the dish is a 1.2 meter dish not 6.2. Yes we are in Mexico. The idea of upgrading from the VIP 722k is to be able to record more than two programs while watching a different channel. Everything I've read about the Hopper with Joey makes it appear to be a good choice. Plus some of the other features of the Hopper sound good. With regard to the LNB, I'll need to climb up on the roof to verify if it is a DPP switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)