Would like ugrade, original retailer help

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
I see that E has come out with a new upgrade program. I've been wanting to get a 811 reciever for about 3 months now. I talked to a local retailer and he told me that he could not help me as I have to get ahold my original retailer. I've tried them several times and get no reply. Why won't Dish let the local guy help me. I don't really want to do the 800# thing again.

I've tried contacting my original "retailer" several times, they've always told me that they would help - never have yet. I'm still very pesemistic about going directly thru Dish. The main reason, being the things I've heard on this sight and the work that I've heard about the contractors that they have. Will they send me a 811 and let me swap it out? I have alot of hours into my system already.

They direct shipped, then they didn't, then they direct shipped again....currently, I do think you could get an 811 direct shipped if you wished to handle the install.

Jason

Let me clairity things a little...

First of all, another retailer can do the upgrade for you. It just needs to be cleared first through DISH Network retail services.

Personally I have the same policy that if you didn't get it from me origionally, I will not give you any upgrade promotions either.

It really boils down to 3 main issues...

#1 We don't get paid very much to do these upgrades from Dish. Its bairly worth my time and effort to put out money 3-4 hundred dollars for the equipment and have to worry about getting re-imbursed for it when im only making $60 on the deal to begin with.

#2 Upgrades are offered to my customers to help reduce my customer churn, why should I help another retailer keep their churn down?

#3 I don't want to get married to your install since I was the last one to work on it. Too many times in the past I have done upgrades and then been held responcible for the installation since I was the last person to work on the system. I can't walk away from your installation now because you got my equipment and if you cancel in 6 months I get charged back for that equipment and have to come and pick it up.

But call 1-800-333-Dish if your retailer won't helpl you, Dish always can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)