Would this LNB work for FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mchomicz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I am confused about this LNB:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32841&item=5767783900&rd=1

I though that DirecTV and Dish Network use circular polarization LNBs whereas FTA uses linear polarization LNB. Yet this very inexpensive LNB claims to be able to do it all!

Will this LNB work for all the FTA channels out there? Or only for things like NASA TV, radio stations and some promo TV channels available in the clear on Dish network satellites?

Thank you,
Michael

Yes it will do FTA

The LNB will do FTA signals off the DirecTV and DishNetwork satellites, but it won't be able to receive FTA signals off of other satellites since they broadcast on Linear Polarization.

What FTA is on D* & E* other than NASA and the 1 -2 info card channels? If you want FTA/DVB then buy the correct gear not E* or D* gear.

That's what I meant

I meant there were a few channels of FTA on Dish Network but that's it

OK, just so mchomicz (the original poster) is clear, DO NOT buy E* or D* stuff to run your FTA setup. Hope this helps you Michael?.?

Plus you can use it to get the FTA content from Bell ExpressVu. For now, that's a few barker channels plus a couple dozen radio stations.

I'm guessing the seller is using "FTA" inaccurately to mean "using bad equipment to commit piracy." :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)