Would you pay for a Sports Pack?

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
Just curious as to how many customers would pay more for a sports pack. People complain about NFL Ticket, MLB channel, NFL Network, NHL, NBA, YES, etc.

How many of you out there would subscribe to a Sports Pack that offers all of these channels/packs? Personally I would for the NFL Network (packers) and MLB (brewers). The bucks can get lost :cool: Some people say they going to direct, fios, tw, etc for these reasons, but would they stay if there was a sports pack for an extra......~$20? per month.

I thought it would be interesting to see the results. Lets see!

pfan

I wouldnt mind a sportspack. I'd be interested in Sunday Ticket and NHL games.. also not sure if you meant to say NFL Network but we already have that channel ( HD 9426)

Unless its a package from the Leagues, a sports pack doesn't serve much good. All the games are blacked out so the extra channels are useless. I personally wouldn't pay for league package (ST or EI). With all the highlights and the internet you can see everything that needs to be seen

I wouldnt mind a sportspack. I'd be interested in Sunday Ticket and NHL games.. also not sure if you meant to say NFL Network but we already have that channel ( HD 9426)

Boavista,

I already pay for the NHL Package. I really do not see much value to the NFL Package. All the games are on Sunday, so how many different games can you watch at the same time.

The NHL package has games on every night. The NHL only has national games on Monday, and Tuesday for most of the season so NHL Package is well worth it to me (games on every night). The NFL Package is more and it only offers more games at the same time, so I can still watch games in the same time slots as the games offered in the Out of market package, besides I'm most interested in the NFL games that are in my market anyway.

I can't stand Pro BoringBall (oops Basketball). College Basketball is good but I get enough during March Madness. I get enough College Football on the Major Networks, RSN's, and ESPN. Baseball (oops should have called Baseball Boring Ball), sorry not at all interesting to me. College Hockey is under covered would like more of that.

In the end the NHL pack is all I'm really interested in paying more for right now.

John

I'd buy Just so i can watch the Raiders games.. i already get Patriots on my OTA locals. As far as center Ice i'd only be interested in Leafs games. We get the Saturday games on NHL network however i also get those on OTA Via CBC. only time i get to see the weekday games is if they play the Rangers or Islanders.

The NHL pack on its own i wouldn't pay for but if it was bundled with Sunday ticket i'd buy. When i had Starchoice i had their NFL/NHL combo for about 25 a month. Worth the value IMO.

I am trying to figure out exactly what we are talking about here; are we saying a package that encompasses all of the sports packages (Center Ice, Sunday Ticket, League Pass, etc.) or are we talking about a package that includes the sports channels (NHL Network, NFL Network, NBA TV, etc.). The first one would be nearly impossible, but even if it could be put together, it would be prohibitively expensive. So I think we are really talking about a package that includes the major sports networks.

I would definitely go for a package that had:

• NBA TV
  • NHL Network
  • NFL Network
  • MLB TV
  • Gol TV
  • Fox Soccer
  • ESPNU
  • Golf Channel
  • Tennis Channel
  • Versus
  • Outdoor Channel
  • CBS College Sports
  • RSNs from around the country
If they could roll that into a package that cost between $10-$20 (including HD where available), I would be a customer. I would also lose the platinum package, because besides the sports channels, it is a worthless add-on.

Sure I would. My big thing is baseball (Red Sox) & football (Packers) I'd pay PPV costs just to get any Packer games individually and in HD. At least I have NESN for the Sox but I would pay for Extra Innings if offered.

I am trying to figure out exactly what we are talking about here; are we saying a package that encompasses all of the sports packages (Center Ice, Sunday Ticket, League Pass, etc.) or are we talking about a package that includes the sports channels (NHL Network, NFL Network, NBA TV, etc.). The first one would be nearly impossible, but even if it could be put together, it would be prohibitively expensive. So I think we are really talking about a package that includes the major sports networks.

I would definitely go for a package that had:

• NBA TV
  • NHL Network
  • NFL Network
  • MLB TV
  • Gol TV
  • Fox Soccer
  • ESPNU
  • Golf Channel
  • Tennis Channel
  • Versus
  • Outdoor Channel
  • CBS College Sports
  • RSNs from around the country
If they could roll that into a package that cost between $10-$20 (including HD where available), I would be a customer. I would also lose the platinum package, because besides the sports channels, it is a worthless add-on.

Im under the impression were talking about a sports package that has all the Thing Like Center Ice, Sunday ticket, etc..

Just an interesting note, Rogers cable in canada has this. Its called "super sports pack". That Includes NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL Center Ice, NCAA, Nascar, MLB Package and NBA Ticket. They change i believe 29.99 a month for all that. So i think this would be possible if dish were interested in doing so, or any other provider for that matter.

I was talking all the networks and not the specials IE sunday ticket, center ice, extra innings, etc.

I would pay to get all the sports networks in a package. I think this should be an option and the above mentioned specials as another.

I am not displaced from WI, so I don't know what I would do if I was a packer fan in new england.

I would pay extra for ALL the sports networks.

pfan

In the U.S. all of the major sports pacakges would cost appr. $250 (NFL) + $150 (NBA) + $150 (NHL) + $150 (MLB) + $200 (NCAA FB and BB).

$900 or $75/mo. for an all-sports package. Maybe DirecTV (the only provider with all of these packages) would offer a discount, but I can't imagine getting this for less than $60/mo. or so. And you would still have to deal with any blackout issues.

In the U.S. all of the major sports pacakges would cost appr. $250 (NFL) + $150 (NBA) + $150 (NHL) + $150 (MLB) + $200 (NCAA FB and BB).

$900 or $75/mo. for an all-sports package. Maybe DirecTV (the only provider with all of these packages) would offer a discount, but I can't imagine getting this for less than $60/mo. or so. And you would still have to deal with any blackout issues.
Yeah, an "All The Sports Packages" deal would be ridiculously expensive (I think it would be even more than you suggested, if you include weird soccer things and HD for all of them; at least NFLST is more expensive in HD). You can already buy them individually a la carte (at least from D*), but perhaps they could bundle them and throw in a 10-20% discount. But I don't think anyone would go for that. For the channels though, I could see that as a real value adder, so long as they don't price it above what it would cost you to upgrade to 250 or AEP.

No I would not pay extra for the sports packages. Since there seem to be two ideas about what this question is asking the 'no' goes for both the EI-type packages and all the various ESPN-type channels if they were bundled. To be fair I am usually not a big sports watcher on anything except the usual non-dedicated channels that have sports like TBS or FOX. That said, if any of the sports channels I already get as part of my normal package were removed and charged extra for I would be quite unhappy. But if they want to remove them and reduce my bill by a considerable amount I would be open to it. But I suppose really big pigs would fly first... and I dont include Pink Floyd concerts.

No. I rarely watch anything other than golf which is pretty well covered, big tennis tournaments, and the Packers games that I already get.

Nope. I've got Multi-Sport for college sports (living in Raycom territory the Full Court and Gameplan packs are fairly pointless) and I only follow Atlanta teams. I'd pay a couple bucks more for Multi-Sport if they added the missing sports channels though...

External IP Address of 722

HDMI vs Component

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)