Would you switch to FIOS TV if this were available?

peterl1365

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Okay, none of this is official information, but it offers an intriguing peek at what may be coming by the end of this year. For those of you unable to get FIOS, I'm sorry. But this may be the future.

FIOS TV/DVR Offerings

Yes...in that I would give FiOS serious consideration based on their HD offering and pricing. We have been totally satisfied with our Verizon local and cell phone services for many years - their stuff just ALWAYS works! Currently, Adelphia is the only broadband provider in our neck-of-the-wood (1 mile too far for Verizon DSL). however they are bringing Fiber to the Premise (FTTP) and negotiating a video carriage agreement with our local cable commission. I would like nothing more than to pay one discounted bill for all our telecom services: local phone, cell phone, 5Mb broadband, and video.

I would get as an add-on to try out for a while. This also depends on the availablility of a good HD DVR.

Im doing the same when I get my FIOS internet service later this summer. i will keep my cable modem for a few months to make sure its fairly stable. Both my girlfriend and I work from home most of the time, so having a reliable internet connection is critical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)