Wow G25

Status
Please reply by conversation.

badhat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Moses Lake, WA
I am so happy I moved over to G25 this past weekend... it's by far my favorite satellite so far because of the news and radio. I am having a problem with my mid channels... like 11836/V/20765 - 12115/V/22425 for example. The signal quality is really low, 25-30% compared to Russia TV and it's at 45-50%. Did I forget something in my setup when I moved to that bird from 123W?

Did you change the skew (tilt angle) of the LNB to match the value listed in dish pointer tables produced for your location (see: Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com). Or, just carefully twist the LNB slowly back and forth until you see a signal peak. Then find a weaker transponder, and repeat. I recommend tweaking on a channel you can receive now, then move over to 11966. Currently, that's the weakest transponder, at least here.

You know come to think of it I probably left the skew at +3 from when I was on 123W. Thanks for the reminder I thought it was something I did and not the bird. Did I happen to mention that I love the news and radio on this sat? haha :) Now to add another LNB for amc4!

I had a D'oh moment earlier this year when I moved a friend's fixed dish from Galaxy 18 (then Galaxy 10R) over to 97w. Tried for two hours to acquire quality before realizing I needed to re-adjust skew. Did that, and found the bird in a couple of minutes :) There's a great deal of difference in skew between 97w and 123w here.

Did I happen to mention that I love the news and radio on this sat?

I don't blame you for that! I'm usually parked on 97West, although I usually scan for NBC feeds Monday night (Heroes!) and I'm waiting for the new bird that the PBS feeds will be on. The news channels are worth the price of the equipment alone - although I wish the radio channels sounded a little better. Some are rather good sounding (WRNs, for starters), some sound like bad Real Audio from 10 years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)