WOW !!!! Gregg Loewen calibrated my Hitachi 57" RPTV

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
About a year or so ago I purchased this TV and was quite happy with the way it looked. I had been considering a calibration after reading posts at SatelliteGuys, AVS Forums, Home Theater Forum, DBSTalk, but wasn’t sure what to do, I tried video essentials on my own and thought I had it looking pretty good. I never really though I needed a calibration.

(Note: Video essentials is a great program, I’m just a little A/V challenged.) Wait till you see how much BETTER that picture can be after a professional calibration. :)

I decided to give Gregg a try, Gregg spent around a total of 4 to 5 hours on my RPTV. He performed a multitude of calibrations from Electronic Focus, Mechanical Focus, cleaning the Optics of my guns, convergence of DVD and HighDef Sections, Color Decoder adjustments, Front Panel Adjustments, and adding Duvetyne lining to the inside plus many more tweaks and adjustments, Gregg insisted that my outer glare screen be removed, I was a bit leary, but thought what the heck, he knows best. The removal of the outer protective screen made a remarkable difference in picture quality resulting in a more clear & natural look. :)

How does my TV look now……. Flesh tones are absolutely GREAT…..color is dead on! Colors are pure and crisp; blacks are deep black…..its AWESOME!!! I would have to say that even though my set looked great before, it looks a good 30% better now. I highly recommend anyone wanting to have an ISF calibration to contact Gregg and try to set up a visit, he’s the BEST.
www.lionav.com

I can’t recommend Gregg enough, my RPTV looks absolutely gorgeous, I can’t wait to watch my next DVD it looks sooooo good!!

Thank You so much Gregg !!!

This may sound dumb, but can you calibrate a direct-view tube TV? I have a 30" Sony Wega widescreen HDTV.

Neutron said:
This may sound dumb, but can you calibrate a direct-view tube TV? I have a 30" Sony Wega widescreen HDTV.
yes, any recent or current TV can be calibrated.

rhasselbaum said:
This "testimonial" bears a striking resemblance to the one here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39396

Gregg Loewen: Please stop spamming us. :mad:

Sorry pal, Gregg is not spamming!! These were just my thoughts on what Gregg did for me and how well my set looks. I was always hesitant to spend the money when I felt I had a pretty good picture, guess my TV didn't look so good after all. I hope my testimonial helps anyone thinking about getting a calibration done. I always appreciated everyones elese's thoughts after Gregg did a calibration.

Then you and Ronald Epstein (the poster of the other thread) must be telepathically linked. You used the same WORDS, for crying out loud.

rhasselbaum said:
Then you and Ronald Epstein (the poster of the other thread) must be telepathically linked. You used the same WORDS, for crying out loud.

Maybe that Gregg guy does some kind of mind control thing too .... You know, pulsing light ... hypnosis ... scary stuff

:)

John is not spamming, I asked him to post his thoughts on Greggs work here. Gregg is a good friend to SatelliteGuys, he has worked on my HDTV's before and I have always been AMAZED how good something looks after Gregg works on him.

If you think your picture looks good after you run AVIA or Video Essentials you will crap your pants when you see how good it looks once Gregg works his magic on it.

Visit Gregg at http://www.lionav.com today! He is REALLY REALLY worth it!! :D

Hello. Even though I am not someone who post much at all at this forum, I am familiar with Gregg from the Home Theater Forum. Also, when Gregg made a trip to Colorado he came to my house in Nebraska to work on my Mits RPTV. My wife who was very skeptical noticed a definate difference on the picture quality. Until you see it, you won't believe how much of an improvement was made. Yes, it is a little pricey for some for a few hours of work but it is worth it. You spent the money to get a good tv, now get it working at its best.

Manny

Oh, Hell yeah, Gregg is the man!

Gregg came out to my house a few months back and calibrated my Mits 65411. Even my wife who doesn't know a diode from a hole in the ground was really amazed at the difference. Yes, it costs good money, but well worth it.

You can do a search on my original post if you want.

Take care

follow up

Oh, I forgot to mention; Gregg also prints out a before calibration and after calibration results sheet so you can see just how out of wack your set was and how close to dead on it is after.
If you do a search and find my original post on my isf calibration you will see that I attached my before and after so everyone can see what a difference Gregg will make.
Keep in mind, I am a audio/videophile and had done some of my own calibrations such as Avia and Video Essentials before Gregg calibrated my set. It was mind boggling to see how far off my set was even with the tweaks I performed.
If you haven't used Avia or Video Essentials, just think how far off your set is right now.
Not only will Gregg amaze you with how your set looks after about 4 hours of tweaking and calibrating, your set should also last longer due to the fact that most factory settings are overdriving the set and can cause for it's early death meaning you have to spend more money sooner than you had too. Good news for the manufacturer, right?
After you read my original post, DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!! Do a search on Gregg Loewen and see how many thumbs up you get.

Hope this helps.
Take care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts