WOW!! Tears of the Sun!! on StarzHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
I must say I am impressed as I watched Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis last night on StarzHD. The PQ and DD sound were incredibly outstanding.

I seen this movie when it was in the theatres, and viewing it in HD for the first time i would have to say it was exactly and I mean EXACTLY like watching it in the theatre!!

in my opinion, the HD movies are better than in the theatres here. Even a DVD seems sharper, 10 feet away from a 50" screen at home in 5.1. Theatre sound generally s$$ks, and to me the picture is usually soft.

Yeah ever since getting DVD and DD5.1 at home I've never been all too impressed with theaters any more. I mainly only go there for the "experience" of seeing a blockbuster movie with a huge crowd of people who are all seeing it for the first time. It helps when it's a good crowd.

I must say that I only watched a few minutes of Ice Age in HD and I thought it looked significantly better than Dinosaur looked when I saw it in digital at the local theater. My friends and I keep saying that theaters just need to invest in DLP projectors and some high quality DVD players. If only licensing would allow them to! Hopefully more theaters and more movies will go digital. But for now, my 480p DVD player and 1080i VOOM are suiting me just fine for movies.

compurocker said:
Yeah ever since getting DVD and DD5.1 at home I've never been all too impressed with theaters any more. I mainly only go there for the "experience" of seeing a blockbuster movie with a huge crowd of people who are all seeing it for the first time. It helps when it's a good crowd.

I must say that I only watched a few minutes of Ice Age in HD and I thought it looked significantly better than Dinosaur looked when I saw it in digital at the local theater. My friends and I keep saying that theaters just need to invest in DLP projectors and some high quality DVD players. If only licensing would allow them to! Hopefully more theaters and more movies will go digital. But for now, my 480p DVD player and 1080i VOOM are suiting me just fine for movies.
Me too, I only go for those I "gotta see or ill die" like the LOTR and matrix series movies. Then I buy them and see how good they can really look at home 6 months later! LMAO

Truly, film has almost limitless resolution compared to any digital medium. If you have access to a good theatre that is getting good quality film and not running the hell out of it, the picture simply can't be beat.

Yeah I agree that film "should" look better than digital, but I just haven't seen much recent evidense of it. I guess it's partly due to the fact that I live in the Chicago 'burbs and these movies just simply get worn out. Although they must get worn out in a day since I often see movies opening night! I suppose the equipment/screen could be more to blame than the actual film. Technically vinyl albums have better fidelity than CDs and DVDs as well, but I couldn't hand you a single one in my collection that makes the grade. Thankfully digital technology keeps getting better and better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts