Wow, they just don't learn, do they? (NBR complaints)

Hogarth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2004
Somewhere, OK
OK.. I'm ranting.. bear with me.

I'm not a big fan of the "Start Early" / "End Late" options.

At the very least, I think you should be able to change the default. (Say, to 10/10, or 0 / 0)

With L232, not only have they left the default at 1 / 3, but now they've made it so that you have to go to an entirely separate options screen to change the Start Early / End Late.

Then, even if you're recording a single episode, it has to "Search for matching names" ?? What the hell ? It's a single episode, guys.

As much as I thought I wanted NBR -- I don't know if I'd call this an improvement.

The folks at Dish really should just give up the software game and partner with TiVo already. It's really not working out, guys. It's like they've never seen a decent UI in their lives.

end rant..

H

Yah, I have pretty much the same complaints...

From an earlier post I made... http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=262162#post262162

"My first impression of 'DISH Pass' is that it is the most cumbersome / non-intuitive software that I've ever used. It seems like it takes me about 25 or so remote clicks to add a show that is protected and has no 'before or after' buffer. But maybe these added clicks wiil be saved later by not having to add or change timers as shows move around the schedule. I'm stiill looking for a default setting for 'before or after' buffer... am I missing something? Or is DISH missing it? AGAIN."

Steve

Hogarth said:
...I'm not a big fan of the "Start Early" / "End Late" options.

At the very least, I think you should be able to change the default. (Say, to 10/10, or 0 / 0)...
I agree - it's something I have to change with every timer. I notice that when you record a DISH Pass it has a default of 0 / 0. You'd think it would be a simple "feature" to fix - like they did when they added the "Channel Order" menu (Ascending or Descending) along with the NBR update. The automatic timer "padding" can really interfere with scheduled recordings and what TV they should record on.

Steve, you do realize you can use the Number pad to put in titles of shows right? press 2 one time u get A press 2 twice u get B press it three times u get C, and so on and so on...?

Well I may have had a NBR error my 522 was supposed to record Star Trek Voyager and it recorded SG-1 not even close. I don't know if it was a NBR problem or a guide problem that caused the wrong recording. For the moment I will give them benefit of a guide error but it was still disappointing. :confused:

J3ff said:
Steve, you do realize you can use the Number pad to put in titles of shows right? press 2 one time u get A press 2 twice u get B press it three times u get C, and so on and so on...?
Yes I found that out by accident one time... I was referring to the number of picks after I have already selected a show in the guide and pressed 'DISH Pass'.

Ned Dorsey said:
I notice that when you record a DISH Pass it has a default of 0 / 0.
I haven't noticed that... mine still has 1/3. :confused:

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)