Wow what a difference!

Tigress

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I am so pleased with Dish. Not that I have ever even had satellite tv before, but I got the HD package, and all I can say is WOW! I have had my Polaroid 37" HDTV now for a month running with only basic cable. It looked ok, but I knew there had to be more. Discovery HD is one of the best visions ever, with Planet Earth being just gorgeous.

There was one screw up, I signed up for the 3 months of HBO for free, and somehow that didn't get put on. I called today, and that is fixed. They were very nice about it. Then I got a call from the install people, and they asked about the guy that put everything in. I don't think he will be in the job for long, because when he was here all he did was whine. I had my landlord sign that agreement, and told the tech he could put the dish in a certain area. There had been a dish there before, so my landlord did not want a bunch of new holes in his building. I had to get to work, so my hubby took over babysitting. The tech guy told my hubby he shouldn't have listened to me, and put the dish where he wanted to. He also stated he could have made more money as they screwed up on my work order. It said I had 4 TV's and needed the 4 room set up. I only needed it for 2. So he lost money. Then he complained about how he has to pay for his own gas, his own tools, his own truck, etc. When it came time to show my hubby how everything worked, he gave him very little information. We have been finding out everything on our own, which is going to take a little time. But all this finding out sure is fun! Now all I need to do is get the 20 dollar rebate form, and see what that $100 deal they have for new subscribers is all about.:)

CSI Miami seems to have a wierd look and color to it. I wondered if it was my local, but other shows look good on cbs.

CSI Miami seems to have a wierd look and color to it. I wondered if it was my local, but other shows look good on cbs.

It's on purpose. All 3 CSI's are shot with different lighting and filters. CSI Miami uses lot's of Yellow and Orange.

NightRyder

I am so pleased with Dish. Not that I have ever even had satellite tv before, but I got the HD package, and all I can say is WOW! I have had my Polaroid 37" HDTV now for a month running with only basic cable. It looked ok, but I knew there had to be more. Discovery HD is one of the best visions ever, with Planet Earth being just gorgeous.

There was one screw up, I signed up for the 3 months of HBO for free, and somehow that didn't get put on. I called today, and that is fixed. They were very nice about it. Then I got a call from the install people, and they asked about the guy that put everything in. I don't think he will be in the job for long, because when he was here all he did was whine. I had my landlord sign that agreement, and told the tech he could put the dish in a certain area. There had been a dish there before, so my landlord did not want a bunch of new holes in his building. I had to get to work, so my hubby took over babysitting. The tech guy told my hubby he shouldn't have listened to me, and put the dish where he wanted to. He also stated he could have made more money as they screwed up on my work order. It said I had 4 TV's and needed the 4 room set up. I only needed it for 2. So he lost money. Then he complained about how he has to pay for his own gas, his own tools, his own truck, etc. When it came time to show my hubby how everything worked, he gave him very little information. We have been finding out everything on our own, which is going to take a little time. But all this finding out sure is fun! Now all I need to do is get the 20 dollar rebate form, and see what that $100 deal they have for new subscribers is all about.:)

Welcome to the HD-Lite of your dreams!

Glad to see you like it, I have to agree on the PQ most of the time, it is great.

Also :welcome to SatelliteGuys.

As I read the first post, all I could hear her say was that the installer was a jerk. It is a shame that a great experiance has to be affected by a jerk. I hope you told the company who called to QC the install exactly what you posted here. Far to often, consumers are not willing to say something negative about an installer, even when they will say somthing here, or to their friends. You are not doing the installer, the company, or other consumers a good thing by not telling. That installer needs to corrected in his conduct. In the end, he will be a better installer for everyone, including himself.

I so totally agree with you on the Dish quality! It's awesome! Don't let the "HD Lite" nay-sayers get to ya. I don't care if it's lite or not...I don't know the difference and am totally blown away by the difference even between this and Direct! Heck...no comparison!

And I'm glad to see you told the install company about how much of a complainer this installer was. I wish they all did that. My Dish installers were great, but the whole reason I'm with Dish was a jerk of an installer I got with Direct. I wound up kicking him out and as soon as he left, I called dish!

Welcome!

With a 37" LCD, HD-Lite is a none issue. You really need to get 50" or bigger to start to really notice it.

My 37' is just fine for the size of my living room. We had thought about a 42', but I am glad I went with the 37. On any HD channel, it goes to full screen, and its like being in a theater, only 100 times better. The Discovery HD channel is just amazing. You can see every feather on a bird, every hair on a big cat, I am still amazed. That channel alone is worth the fee!

The only problems I have had are with my billing. They were charging me for the HBO, when as a new customer, I am supposed to get it for free for 3 months. I explained it to them in an e-mail, and they said they would fix it on my next bill. I am still waiting for my $20 a month rebate in the mail, I can't seem to find it on their website, I can only find the $10 one. Anyone have a link to it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)