Wow! What has happened to Dish?

Okay after reading into this you said the 222k works fine.....can you try hooking up the 722 where you have the 222k connected?? This would help isolate the problem to either the signal or receiver.

I haven't thought about that. That would be a completely different coax run, duplexer, and LNB I believe. Well, the 222k isn't a DVR, so I never could test the recording/pausing on it, but that receiver does have issues with local channels. I'll be interested to see if my 722 has recording/pausing issues there however.

I'll try this tomorrow when I have some more light. Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't thought of trying that.

Okay after reading into this you said the 222k works fine.....can you try hooking up the 722 where you have the 222k connected?? This would help isolate the problem to either the signal or receiver.
Or the wiring/connectors.

my house was already wired.

Hot drop with all new cabling from dish to receiver and flat out eliminate any cable/connector issues that way. Quick and easy enough imo. You never know whats happened or going on inside those walls for sure or other places the cabling might not of been checked.

As far as signal strengths, around here low 40s to 50 are about the normal reading we get on EA

both my 722 are -2 at value 7, I wonder what that means they seem to work just fine..........
Just had a new 722K installed this morning and have the same -2 reading for value 7. Service tech stated that there is a high failure rate for equipment made in Mexico---China and India OK.

Hot drop with all new cabling from dish to receiver and flat out eliminate any cable/connector issues that way. Quick and easy enough imo. You never know whats happened or going on inside those walls for sure or other places the cabling might not of been checked.

As far as signal strengths, around here low 40s to 50 are about the normal reading we get on EA

What I mean't was that my house was already wired from when I had Dish Installed in 2007. I bought my home back in 2007 and it did not have any wires for phone or cable... so when I had Dish installed in 2007, they had to run coax all over my house to the Dish.

Either way, I tried the 722 in the 222k location and got the same results.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have jurky video when playing back recorded programs or when playing back the buffer on your 722, right?

If the live video does not exhibit the jurky character of the recorded video, I'd tend to blame the problem on either software or a flaky hard drive.

If your live video is good but anything off the HDD is abnormal - it is an indication of a problem with the hard drive.

Since the TiVo law suit dish has changed the way the video stream is handled, recording it as it comes in while playing it sumultaneously, until you hit pause or record, then you are watching video off the HDD, not the live stream.

BTY, I've had two 622's since they were introduced in Feb. 2006, I believe it was. I've read reports of people havein similar problems but never experienced it myself (first 622's HDD just cratered after 18 mos., replaced it and no problems with replacement in last 18 mos or more).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have jurky video when playing back recorded programs or when playing back the buffer on your 722, right?

If the live video does not exhibit the jurky character of the recorded video, I'd tend to blame the problem on either software or a flaky hard drive.

If your live video is good but anything off the HDD is abnormal - it is an indication of a problem with the hard drive.

Since the TiVo law suit dish has changed the way the video stream is handled, recording it as it comes in while playing it sumultaneously, until you hit pause or record, then you are watching video off the HDD, not the live stream.

BTY, I've had two 622's since they were introduced in Feb. 2006, I believe it was. I've read reports of people havein similar problems but never experienced it myself (first 622's HDD just cratered after 18 mos., replaced it and no problems with replacement in last 18 mos or more).

Yes, it only does it when it's playing off the hard drive (such as after I pause it or watching a recorded event) however, it doesn't do it on all channels, only some.. it seems like HBO is the worst.

This is my 4th DVR and they all have done the exact same thing, so I don't really think it's a hard drive issue at this point. The only thing I can think of it's a software bug or an issue with copy protection (HBO)

I also spoke with my mom regarding the local channel issue and she said that her company is having the same issue with dish in several markets... so who knows.

I guess I'll just deal with it for now only because Dish offers the channels that I want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)