Wow!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
After looking on E-Bay for the past several weeks for a great deal on a 90cm dish for FTA, I decided to buy one this weekend after I return home from a business trip in South Eastern Florida. While on the business trip, we stopped into a wholesale electronics store to buy some parts needed for a project we are working on. When I went up to the counter to pay, I asked if by chance they had any satellite dishes. The man said "Yes, go out back". There I saw a stack of excellent condition Channel Master 1.2 meter satellite dishes. I brought one inside and asked how much. To my surprise, the man said "$10". I then went back out and got 4 more at only $10 a piece.

The only problem is that they do not include the mount or feed horn poles. I figure, I can easily find out the elevation needed for North Port, Florida and make my own mount and figure out the focal point and make a feed horn assembly for these dishes. Does anybody have any helpful suggestions? I could use some good ideas on how to build the mount.

Thank You,
Dave :)

Pete,

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for. I will post my reasults after the project is completed.

Dave

I have a 1.2 M Primestar and beilieve you could make the lnb mout out of conduit. I am not at home now but could measure them up for you and take some pictures sometime next week if you need measurments.

Wholeshoe

Search

Why don't you search the internet for the manufacturer of the dish, tell them that while you were moving the dish a gust of wind came up, snatched the dish out of your hands and messed up the bracket that holds the lnb and ask to be sent a replacement? ;)

Next best way - call that manufacturer and ask to buy the LNBF arm/bracket.

Andrews Corp. has the antenna portion of the Bankrupt Channel Master product line. They advise that these parts are not available. There was a liquidator attempting to sell several thousand of these reflectors a few years back and I heard that he finally had to pay to have them disposed of since no one was able to obtain the missing parts.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. After doing a search online, I did find a company that sells the mounts for this dish. However, I am going to make a mount and feed assembly myself. It will be much more enjoyable and rewarding. I want to thank Ziploc for his plans. This will save me time in developing a mount for these Channel Master 1.2 meter dishes.
The place where I bought these dishes have more available. After I develop a mount and feed assembly, I may just go back and get some more and use them myself or sell them on E-Bay.
Within the next couple of weeks, I will be posting pictures of my progress so that others can possibly learn and do this themselves for dishes they may have lying around.

Thank You,
Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)