Wrong local channels - how to reload guide ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

websatsoft

Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
I moved from Boston to NY last month, but one of my three receivers is 'stuck' on the Boston area local channels (Sony SAT-B65). The other two are fine.

Anyway to force a reload of the guide on the receiver (or whatever else is needed to solve this) ?

Thanks

I had not bothered with the zip code in memory thinking it was just used to get the sat coordinates.
Anyway, I did put the zip in 4 hours ago following your comment - but no change so far.
Thanks

I'd be tempted to leave the one set for Boston. Give you an extra set of locals :D
My guess is that the reciever in question was unplugged or not receiving a signal at the time that Directv sent out the hit to change the locals. If you do want the NY locals on that receiver quickly, just give them a call and they'll sent a rehit. Otherwise, it'll probably get the hit the nest time the cyclic hit is sent for that reciever.

Zip Code.

In fact, put in a totally different, but legit zip code. Let the system download that.

Then go back in and put your zip code in.

Do this...

Call DTV Tier 1 support (800-695-9251) and tell them to 'Disconnect and Reconnect' the access card for that receiver.

Then you should have your CORRECT locals.

~

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts