wrong sat - echostar 110 west ????

antdos

Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
My dish 500 is not seeing Sat 119 and I can't figure out why?

My install summary page shows sat 1 as 110, polarity all.. sat 2 as Conn, polarity as X. both show Device as Quad.

I'm only getting a very limited number of channels. Can anyone help? Thanks.

moved to Dish area

need a little more info
-receiver (s)
-any switches involved
-what type of LNB is on the Dish 500

if you're only getting the 110 and there is no switch then the dish is peaked on the 110. it should be peaked off the 119. go to sig screen. menu 6 1 1 the move dish to the right until you pick up the 119. there is a few second delay from when you move the dish to when it will show up on the screen so move it slowly

I have 3 301's. I was just on my roof after work getting things lined up better. I have solid signals for both 110 and 119 but 119 says wrong sat

you have a quad so there is no switch right? if it says wrong sat then it is not picking up 119 at all so there is no signal for it. sounds like it is on the 110 if it doesn't work the you might have a bad lnb. is this problem on all receiver's?

I'm not sure if I have switches or not. What are they, what do they look like? The problem is on all receivers.

if you have a quad LNB, there are 3 lines coming out of the dish and going to the 3 recievers...there is no switch (its built in)

if you have good signal on both, you need to rerun a check switch

I do have 3 wires coming out of the sat. But those gointo a combination of splitters and maybe switches (not sure) abd then to the house. Re-running the checkswicth gets me the same thing, 110, and Conn

antdos said:
I do have 3 wires coming out of the sat. But those gointo a combination of splitters and maybe switches (not sure) abd then to the house. Re-running the checkswicth gets me the same thing, 110, and Conn

there should be no splitters in the lines from the dish to the receiver. if you have a quad the lines should come from the dish straight to the 311's

If you are seeing 110 and not 119 it could be possible that your Dish is pointed 9degrees east of where it is supposed to be and you are getting 110 on the 119 LNB and the 110 LNB is pointed at 101 which is DIRECTV and you would not see anything on it.

I had your EXACT same problem, except I wasn't receiving 110 west. Exact same error message. Apparently something was disconnected up on the roof, so a tech came over (for $49) and plugged it back in. I'm almost positive that's your problem as well. This tech was also a complete idiot, so if he could do it, you or I could probably do it without much experience as well. Then rerun check switch and it will work. Be sure to uncheck any "Alternate" or "SuperDish" on that screen as well. I'm sorry I can't provide more information on exactly what's wrong with your setup - only my mother was home when the installer came so she gave me the layman's recap. Your dish is NOT pointed incorrectly; apparently some wire just came loose. Same thing with me, one day it just stopped working. Try to fix it yourself if you feel up to it or get a tech for between $49-$99 to come up (if you're not under warranty). It's a one second fix - just tell them to go up on the roof and they should see the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)