WS9036 ELEVATION MARKINGS? (1 Viewer)

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
I bought a couple of these 36" dishes and was very impressed with the quality and the heavy duty steel used; however...

In putting one together...... The dishes have elevation tic marks with no elevation numbers? how is anyone supposed to set the elevation on these dishes?

Is there a document posted somewhere that describes the elev marks? This is crazy... it's like a brand new automobile without a steering wheel...

WSInternational

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 24, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I bought a couple of these 36" dishes and was very impressed with the quality and the heavy duty steel used; however...

In putting one together...... The dishes have elevation tic marks with no elevation numbers? how is anyone supposed to set the elevation on these dishes?

Is there a document posted somewhere that describes the elev marks? This is crazy... it's like a brand new automobile without a steering wheel...

I will actually be posting a video about this shortly. However, for now, here is a video that will hopefully help: YouTube - Assembling the ws9036 satellite dish4.wmv

I want to thank Max from Ideal Satellite Services for making this instructional video.

gardenman2002

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 20, 2010
indiana
Hey! everyone, gardenman2002 here. I use a protractor that can be used in bending conduit.
bought mine at menards for about 15 dollars and it comes with a magnetic base.
I find the azimuth with a compass and use the ole protractor to set elevation . I dont worry about the tick marks since there could be errors in manufacturing. Hope this helps.

wsdigital 36dish, motor,omegasat 5700 receiver.

lubrikator

Nov 5, 2005
Hey! everyone, gardenman2002 here. I use a protractor that can be used in bending conduit.
bought mine at menards for about 15 dollars and it comes with a magnetic base.
I find the azimuth with a compass and use the ole protractor to set elevation . I dont worry about the tick marks since there could be errors in manufacturing. Hope this helps.

wsdigital 36dish, motor,omegasat 5700 receiver.

...that's what i'm doing too.

Stephen P Harden

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 26, 2009
wenatchee
I mark zero on mark closest to side that will be on post then mark 10 degrees ,20,30,40 etc on every other long mark going toward side that has dish bolted on it using perm marker or mark with sharp metal object (the short marks are 5 degree difference)

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts