WS9036 question vs the DS2076 winegard

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ertiself

Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
arizona
can any body tell me how sturdy the WS9036 is and also quality vs the wingard DS2076 i want to use the QPH031 LNB i was told that the winegard DS2076 could not handle the weight of the QPH031 LNB and that the WS9036 would be better any way.. can some one comment on this and tell me whats the secret's of these both and as far as cover the performance of them both with this LNB and also if it will handle that LNB because that it is heavy.. galaxy marketing sent me to you guys im new to this and want to get right stuff..

thank you for your time..:confused:

I would go with the ws9036 since it has 3 support arms. I have a winegard 2076 and while it is a very good dish, I wouldn't put a heavy LNB on it, because it only has one support arm.

Hopefully someone can comment on the quality of the WS9036, but I would wager it is as good as the winegard 2076, since it is 90cm vs 76cm.

can any body tell me how sturdy the WS9036 is and also quality vs the wingard DS2076 i want to use the QPH031 LNB i was told that the winegard DS2076 could not handle the weight of the QPH031 LNB and that the WS9036 would be better any way.. can some one comment on this and tell me whats the secret's of these both and as far as cover the performance of them both with this LNB and also if it will handle that LNB because that it is heavy.. galaxy marketing sent me to you guys im new to this and want to get right stuff..

thank you for your time..:confused:

WS9036

I have a WS9036 and a Fortec 90cm and both are good dishes. I'm not familiar with the Wiinegard so I can't compare it.

The support arms and central support on the WS9036 are a tight fit and hence will not sag with a heavy lnbf. I was worried about that before I installed the dish, but I'm convinced that the design is good. However, on my dish I had to bend the lateral support arms slightly in order to decrease the focal length of the central lnbf holder by about 2cm (not a standard procedure on any dish!). With that minor adjustment though, everything works great with it. (My thanks to Robby over at WSI who helped me figure out the correct focal length.)

The protective packaging on the WSI dish I ordered was A1 quality -- so you can really expect to receive a dish without dents or dings. That's got to be one of the best decisions that a distributor can make.

There are some things I like better about the Fortec 90cm (like the independent support arm and the central alignment bolt for the motor shaft), but there also some things that I like better with the WS9036 (like the packaging and the paint finish... it's kind of liked baked enamel).

So not knowing how the Winegard performs, I would tend to (strongly) recommend the 90cm dish. Doesn't the webpage over at WSI International have a spec comparison sheet on these two dishes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)