WSI 6foot dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did the same mistake. after 1 year came the day of the instalation.
Big dissapointment !
beside the fact of missing part (washers, nuts) biggest dissapointment is poor workmanship.
brakets welded anywhere but parallel (perpendicular on the) with the polar ring.
I wish I would start the assembly last year, so I could returned for refund.
So, I'm not sure if I may continue with the setup. Nothing will be aligned and the dish will be out of the arc for sure, unless is stationary at 1 position.
I guess that's why was $69.

I got mine working on c and ku band but I took it down and put up the 10 footer cause it was too sloppy. It got from 72 to 137w

I got mine working on c and ku band but I took it down and put up the 10 footer cause it was too sloppy. It got from 72 to 137w

I'm having the hardest time trying to get the scalar to align properly with the support arms. It seems one of the support arms is out of whack. I have bent and adjusted it to no avail. I have heard others say they bent one of the support arms to fit and align the scalar. I don't know if they bent the body (mid section) of the support arms or the ends of the support arm. :confused:

I'm having the hardest time trying to get the scalar to align properly with the support arms. It seems one of the support arms is out of whack. I have bent and adjusted it to no avail. I have heard others say they bent one of the support arms to fit and align the scalar. I don't know if they bent the body (mid section) of the support arms or the ends of the support arm. :confused:
the support arms go to the inside not the outside.If you go to the outside,there is a chance you won't get signal.I have had my special for quite some time now,not at all dissapointed,i can get at least 85% of whats up there and quite a few S2 signals,and most of all no rust as of yet.It even survived baseball size hail.So get it up and going and enjoy:popcorn

I was one of the first to buy one....With the help from alot of people, and after buying some hardware, and modifying the pole with a sleeve to make it fit.
Had to paint my twice so far, but it is still in use....So far so good, since I do not have a bigger dish at the moment, I intend to use it with the microHD.

Have to agree, that this dish was a chore to put together, and to make it work. I am still looking around for a 8' dish.

the support arms go to the inside not the outside.If you go to the outside,there is a chance you won't get signal.I have had my special for quite some time now,not at all dissapointed,i can get at least 85% of whats up there and quite a few S2 signals,and most of all no rust as of yet.It even survived baseball size hail.So get it up and going and enjoy:popcorn
I have support arms on the inside not the outside, still the scalar looks slanted. :(

See here for Pics.

Last edited:
pf2.JPGpf1.JPG
I got it setup yesterday and after ~8hrs of adjustment and confusion from the web about latitude and longitude, I was able to lock in my south due sat.
I can get ~44% on c-band, ~49% on RTV & solid 70% q on tp 11775, ku-band using a dmx741 and s9.
Next step is installing the actuator. Do i need to use the v-box to move the actuator on the setup or can use s9 only ?

View attachment 79059View attachment 79058
I got it setup yesterday and after ~8hrs of adjustment and confusion from the web about latitude and longitude, I was able to lock in my south due sat.
I can get ~44% on c-band, ~49% on RTV & solid 70% q on tp 11775, ku-band using a dmx741 and s9.
Next step is installing the actuator. Do i need to use the v-box to move the actuator on the setup or can use s9 only ?
You finished setting up the Actuator?

No. I was able to lock onto 83w & 30w, but now i can't get it on the arc or 30w is not working as it happens with RTV last night after 8pm:

lme said:
No. I was able to lock onto 83w & 30w, but now i can't get it on the arc or 30w is not working as it happens with RTV last night after 8pm:

Figure out what your true south satellite is, that should be your zenith (or middle) point. Peak that on C first then Ku. That should get you in the arc, then your actuator should do the rest, although you may need to do some fine tuning for the ends. That being said, if you set that, and you can't hit the next satellite over, something is majorly off, and I'd call WSI.

Thank for the advise.
Found 2 broken screws on the mounting, vertical tube, so the dish must of be wobbling @ 30w position & in between.
I managed to go back on the arc (i do think & feel so), but now using the vbox to find the sats & evaluate the q% looks like cband & kuband
best q are 2 different positions (few counts apart). Is that normal ?

Many times it's been mentioned that C and Ku are a few clicks apart. You may also find that adjusting the dual band LNBF's for one band degrades performance on the other. There's 3 choices: Ku, C or the 'happy medium'.

I just started to look into C-band section so i didn't a had chance to read "many times".
thanks anyways.
Today i noticed that except fo 83w (my true south), on all other ku-band sats H tps are also few clics away from V tps.
is that also normal or i'm off the arc ?

Well, after 1 month of work on this dish I finally gave up on it.
As i noticed studying other pics posted about this dish, a lot of parts are misaligned or welded crocked so is not only my dish.
Also a weld brock off off the top mounting bracket, so the process of seting it up is a fight on 2 fronts: one with the alignment and the other with the manufacturing defects. I ended up not knowing witch one of the 2 causes to address first.
I wonder if the manufacturer ever try to assemble one of this product in his shop & see the problems a lot of customers are complaining about ?

Am definetely regretting this purchase. I spend a few nights a week looking at the assembled bracket wondering how is this going to work (not even sure I have it put together properly). Its unfortunate because it was an incredible price, but as they say, 'you get wat you pay for'. Might just build a fixed mount and leave it at 99w (assuming it will work)

Cheers, K

Am definetely regretting this purchase. I spend a few nights a week looking at the assembled bracket wondering how is this going to work (not even sure I have it put together properly). Its unfortunate because it was an incredible price, but as they say, 'you get wat you pay for'. Might just build a fixed mount and leave it at 99w (assuming it will work)

Cheers, K
ON a fixed position might stay there, but a light wind will move it so you have to adjusted it.
The "T" shape bracket is not welded right: there is no 90° angle, so the dish stays crocked from the begining, but it is also wobbling when the actuator or
a slight wind will blow.

ON a fixed position might stay there, but a light wind will move it so you have to adjusted it.
The "T" shape bracket is not welded right: there is no 90° angle, so the dish stays crocked from the begining, but it is also wobbling when the actuator or
a slight wind will blow.
I eliminated 98% of the crockedness/slop by adding (fabricating) a metal bushing at both ends. I went to Home Depot and bought two 3/8 push nuts, and made holes through the push nuts, then put them at both ends of the "T" bracket. It is now much sturdier and doesn't wobble when the dish is moved.

IMAG0865.jpgIMAG0867.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)