WTF! Almost $600 a year for XM!

kingofku

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Riverside County, California
I've been a Sirius/XM subscriber from nearly the beginning of XM Radio. Back then, I think it was about $7.99/month for the service.

Anyway, fast forward to present day. I know have 4 radios. One in my work truck (I travel a lot), one in my personal vehicle, one in my wifes car and one in a boom box at home. When I was doing my taxes last year I review the amount paid to Sirius/XM (I can write off the expense) and nearly fell out of my chair when I realized that I was paying nearly $600 a year for their service.

I can disconnect the boom box at the house. It won't be missed. But I'm wondering what other services I could remove to reduce the overall billing. It appears that they bill one radio as the master account and then the other radios are mirrored. I do not want to cancel, but just looking for suggestions. I don't subscribe to any premium channels.

Thanks

There are also lower packages. The only one I'd be interested in is Music Only.

Waste of money even with their so called offer at $25 for 6 months.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Their cancellation team will go as low as $25 for 6 months per radio. At that price they don't mirror, each radio costs.

They also often offer $99/year or so, they call it half price.

Everytime I call because it is renewing at regular rate they offer the same thing, it is a standard offer for XM. I spend about $100 a year for 2 radios, and wouldn't spend much more than that.

I used to have lots of family plan radios. Now I just have one plug-and-play radio that I carry around wherever I go, and the Internet Smartphone App add-on to use where the satellite signal doesn't work. At home I also use the internet radio on a PC with an FM transmitter for around-the-house listening. It costs me $200 per year or so for all Sirius and XM channels and including the music royalty fee.

Their cancellation team will go as low as $25 for 6 months per radio. At that price they don't mirror, each radio costs.

They also often offer $99/year or so, they call it half price.

Everytime I call because it is renewing at regular rate they offer the same thing, it is a standard offer for XM. I spend about $100 a year for 2 radios, and wouldn't spend much more than that.

I end up paying about $ 125 per radio, once you break it all down, the first radio is like $200 regardless, which I find WAY over priced for 1 radio.

I cancelled, again, yesterday. I was offered $25 for 5 months, the same as my last sub. I declined..... We've got a new local FM station that plays 50's through the 80's. Perfect for my listening (and my wife as well) and free at that. It plays about 6 songs, has a 3 minute commercial break, and then 6 more....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)