WTF?? Voom wants $200 to rent an additional box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nupe009

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2004
Charlotte, NC
:mad:

I recently decided that I wanted that receiver for my bedroom so I called VOOM to ask how much it will be. The CSR told me that there would be a 200 dollar install fee and the 15 dollar monthly box fee. I can't believe that they want 200 dollars just to plug a coax cable to the back of the box. I am seriously considering cancelling VOOM becasue if this. There is now way to justify that cost just to have another receiver.

Is this normal?

Yes, sadly this is normal. It is clearly stated in all of Voom's documentation. If you call and are able to be very persuasive and polite you may be able to work around it, but it's a long shot.

I believe these costs are too high. And this is a big thing that is keeping me from switch to VOOM from DISH.

I have 7 TV's in my house and to add a unit to each TV would be CRAZY at VOOMs current prices.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I believe these costs are too high. And this is a big thing that is keeping me from switch to VOOM from DISH.

I have 7 TV's in my house and to add a unit to each TV would be CRAZY at VOOMs current prices.
I think $200 is per trip, not per TV. But with 7 TVs you'd better wait for the network thin-clients ;)

I can't imagine they can survive w/$200 to add a box. It's increased rental revenue, are they losing money on each box?

Seems they would themselves a favor by allowing self installs for current customers.

Well I guess I missed that in the docs. I'll probably end up switching back to TW cable now. My fiance is moving in and I need a box in my bedroom since I've been hogging my HDTV playing Halo 2 beta and she doesnt want to watch TV downstairs. She also wants DVR because she has become dependent on it. I could probably get away without getting the additional box since I could move my other receiver from the living room to the bedroom. But not having the extra box and not having DVR would cause problems in the house.

The 200 bucks is probably just to pay installs INC to send someone out. Until they allow self installs its going to be 200 bucks. No way around that guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)