Status
Please reply by conversation.

pman72

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 12, 2004
upper Michigan
Is this channel there or not?? Can get all other fta channels but not this one. Thanks Paul

very low signal quality if you have a 30" dish. Dish has to be aimed just right :)

It is there but a cloud cover will knock it out :)

Its there......Judge HATCHETT is there right now...its the weakest TP. on AMC-4 for me.

Signal Quality at 50% right now!

pman72 said:
Is this channel there or not?? Can get all other fta channels but not this one. Thanks Paul

It is comming in fine here in So. California and it is raining here.
Some receivers don't work well on low symbol rates and some LNB's
or LNBF's have trouble with low symbol rates due to bad Local oscillator
stability. I would try fine tuning the dish first though.

I had quality 95 on WVGN last night and 98 for KUIL. 40X30 Primestar dish dedicated for AMC 4 in Southern California.

damn

so it sounds like WVGN is like the Fighting Sioux Sports Network then
(30" dish gets you crap, bigger dish gets you great results) :)

Iceberg,

I had fits trying to get WVGN until I got that cool sensitive (0.3 db) LNBF, and I rarely had problems after that. I was going to link to the review I wrote in the equipment reviews section, but I can't find it right now.

It's a bit cheaper than a bigger dish (especially with shipping), and it's a lot easier to install. :)

Already got the bigger dish (for Fighting Sioux Sports Network) :)

Maybe after this weekend I'll move that to 101 and see what happens

Still getting it here but seems there has been a big signal drop lately. Getting it right now but it is breaking up quite a bit. Usually gets better evenings and nights. Noticed Peoples Network is airing some UFO program right now too.

I'm picking up some NBC station really strongly on that transponder, but it is a New York station... ??

Hey guys,

I am barly getting the WVGN here in New Mexico about 30 to 41 on my Fortech's signal meter.

As you know WVGN DOES not carry any local news from Virgin Island just NYC local news! :mad:

Oh well I may plan to move my dish up higher in order to get G-10 satellite due to a dumb tree blocking it "it's in next door house to me" very fustrating to TV DX! :p

But the important thing is just have fun TV Dxing with it!! :D

still couldn't get it :(

I'll have to check tonight...maybe the 30" just isnt big enough for it anymore

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)