WWE 24/7 on Dish?

mwalker587

Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
The 12/20 issue of the "Wrestling Observer" newsletter reports that the WWE 24/7 service will debut on Dish Network next month. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Mike

I have not heard of this, but would love it if it was true (I would even subscribe to the channel) :)

I am sure if they carried it, it would not be the VOD version like cable has, but instead a 24 hour channel showing 6 hour repeating blocks.

http://www.wrestling-news.com/artman/publish/article_552.shtml

just did a search on google. check out the link for a nice picture.

Wrestling fans that subscribe to the Dish Network will be quite pleased to hear that WWE 24/7 Video On Demand is coming next month.

Earlier today Wrestling-News.com spoke with a representative from the Dish Network that confirmed the subscription service will be available to subscribers next month. One of our correspondants in Houston Texas also contacted the local TX affiliate for Dish. And they stated the same that it will be available next month. They were not sure how much the cost would be to subscribe; although its rumored to be between $5 and $10 per month.

korsjs said:
One of our correspondants in Houston Texas also contacted the local TX affiliate for Dish. And they stated the same that it will be available next month. They were not sure how much the cost would be to subscribe; although its rumored to be between $5 and $10 per month.

Well, now we know why CNN International didn't replace CNNfn. Why waste bandwidth on world news when you can use it for this at $5 to $10 per sub.
:no

Right or wrong, more people would prefer the WWE channel over another news channel. The young male demographics is where the money is at. Charlie also needs the extra $ to keep up with Directv and cable. For Charlie its a win win situation, he gets extra $$ while making the prized 18-34 male demographic happy all without adding prices to those subs who hate the WWE.

Jaspear said:
Well, now we know why CNN International didn't replace CNNfn. Why waste bandwidth on world news when you can use it for this at $5 to $10 per sub.
:no

if they offer it for five bucks a month, i will get it. for ten buck i don't know. to me it looks like they replay alot of the programming each month.

From the people I have spoke to from the WWE, there is nothing done yet, but they are looking for a way to offer WWE/24-7 to Satellite Viewers in the future.

I agree with you completely. I don't have to like it, though. ;)

If I were making the decision and had to choose just one or the other I'd choose WWE every time.

craig9747 said:
Right or wrong, more people would prefer the WWE channel over another news channel. The young male demographics is where the money is at. Charlie also needs the extra $ to keep up with Directv and cable. For Charlie its a win win situation, he gets extra $$ while making the prized 18-34 male demographic happy all without adding prices to those subs who hate the WWE.

Maybe once the receivers (the 522, for example) are ready for VOD, then the WWE channel would be perfect. When this happens, you might see the usual VOD channels get added, like HBO On Demand, Showtime On Demand, Shannon Tweed On Demand (Oops....I mean Cinemax On Demand :D).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts