www.dish.com.mx ?

mt_hawley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2005
Peoria IL
Im in mexico right now (cancun) and im seeing adds for dishnetwork for mexico. I thought that dish was not sold here and if it is how can you become a retailer down here. I saw a guy driving around in an old 1960's bettle with a dish sign on the doors wish i had a pic of it. does any one have any info on the web site?

In the past some folks would have felt offended, unfortunately that's pretty much the situation down there.
I'm always amused at how poorly we Americans do when confronted by a geographical question. The violence that the American press loves to play up takes place on the northwestern border states that lie at a minumum of a thousand miles from Cancun. The United States of Mexico is made up of 37 states. The state that Cancun is in, Quintana Roo, is one of the safest places in the world, period. And Cancun is one of the safest cities in the world, period. "Down there"? Down where? As an American living in Cancun I've grown weary of the anti-Mexican sniping that certain members of this board seem to enjoy so much. I'll bet that kikenovic's location of a corner of Indiana-Texas enjoys more serious crime in a weekend than Cancun does in a half year. I was going to say year, but I don't want to engage in hyperbole. Try reading http://www.cancunissafe.com/ and learning a bit about life in a snow-free paradise.

Last edited:
I have dish down there...american dish...felt safer than a lot of cities I worked in here in the US peaking in dishes

I'm always amused at how poorly we Americans do when confronted by a geographical question. The violence that the American press loves to play up takes place on the northwestern border states that lie at a minumum of a thousand miles from Cancun.

You left out the border towns in some areas of TX as hot spots. Juarez for one is getting pretty hard core. I had friends in El Paso area and would go over there years ago feel no fear what so ever. I wouldn't do that now as there are places that you can get dead real quick.

You left out the border towns in some areas of TX as hot spots. Juarez for one is getting pretty hard core. I had friends in El Paso area and would go over there years ago feel no fear what so ever. I wouldn't do that now as there are places that you can get dead real quick.

Agreed. Nevertheless, a thousand miles from Cancun. When all of Mexico is painted with the Drug Cartel Violence brush, it's like saying I'm not going to visit Seattle because of all the violence in Miami.

Violent Crime? I live in Los Barriles, Baja California Sur, its about 80 miles North of Cabo, 15 years ago we had a assault in the area, two construction workers got into it. Biggest crime in our area is tipping over a Pacifico, penalty might be no lime with the next one! Dish Mexico has only one or two English channels.

I'm always amused at how poorly we Americans do when confronted by a geographical question. The violence that the American press loves to play up takes place on the northwestern border states that lie at a minumum of a thousand miles from Cancun. The United States of Mexico is made up of 37 states. The state that Cancun is in, Quintana Roo, is one of the safest places in the world, period. And Cancun is one of the safest cities in the world, period. "Down there"? Down where? As an American living in Cancun I've grown weary of the anti-Mexican sniping that certain members of this board seem to enjoy so much. I'll bet that kikenovic's location of a corner of Indiana-Texas enjoys more serious crime in a weekend than Cancun does in a half year. I was going to say year, but I don't want to engage in hyperbole. Try reading Cancun is Safe! - Cancun & Riviera Maya are safe & beautiful places! and learning a bit about life in a snow-free paradise.

Correct. I have vacationed in Mexico many times. The people are universally friendly, hard working, and genuine. All of the coastal resort towns are as safe as any vacation destination in the US. Common sense precautions you would take anywhere and a little knowledge of Spanish is all you really need.

Cancun is especially safe, because it is only a resort city. It was developed starting in the 1960s. There is no "old part" of the town.

Mixz1, I am considering retirement overseas. Mexico seems interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)