X-Box S

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
I pre-ordered the 500GB unit ( $299 version ) from Amazon, just received the Date of Aug.23 of when I will received, luckily the 2TB version comes out 2 weeks before so there will be reviews of how well the 4K playback is, if awful I have time to cancel.

I am considering grabbing the one coming next week to try. The only rub is no bitstreaming, but I can choose LPCM 5.1 or 7.1.

I would assume it would have nice app performance for Netflix and Amazon HDR10. Also wondering if it will still force RGB color space or offers ycbcr.

Not going through that again. I got the XBone. Horrible as a BD player. I'll stick to dedicated players.

Trading in the PS4 towards an Xbox One S this weekend, hoping to grab our first 4k set (a KS8000 ideally, I think I've settled on) later this month. Can't wait!

Wife doesn't really care, aside from the money I want to spend. I've backed off of my 75" ambitions and am probably settling for 60".

I'm holding off for now, but I'm tempted. I can't stand the all white look, so that helps keep temptation at bay.

Im just going to get the Panny I think. With it allowing stripping of Rec 2020 to 709, and just getting the 2160p rez off the disc, it is my best move.

Yeah looks like the best X-Box they have made but I'm going to wait until next year model due it will support 4K Gaming.. :)

Well, my launch edition will be here tomorrow. I have been wringing my hands trying to find something that reliable streams UHD/HDR Amazon and Netflix. Will try and report back.

New toy, build date mid June 2016. Love the size.

Updating now and will try and do some video tests soon.

xkMCSL.jpg

44HmxZ.jpg

DamXUl.jpg

GuUFeO.jpg

O8VJYB.jpg

Reactions: fireponcoal
I need to stay away from this thread or I'll be swayed into getting one. I really would like a 4K disc player.

Ok, video stuff:

• IMO, Netflix 2160p/UHD/HDR looks great
  • Blu-ray playback seemed to be as expected, Spears and Munsil looked good too
  • I jumped around some on Allegiant UHD and it looked good too
  • I checked my speaker levels using the 5.1 uncompressed out and spears and munsil, and the levels matched what I would have gotten from my other player
  • I do not like the Amazon app as much, does not even tell you if you are getting HD or 1080p HD like some, but I ope they update with an HDR version soon anyways

Netflix Debug Menu
WhfYWB.jpg

Playback popup for details while playing a disc (I like this)
GT0pKH.jpg

Netflix resolution details
azEMok.jpg

Amazon
XoWslK.jpg

1080p blu-ray
6psHE3.jpg

UHD blu-ray
pBJTAO.jpg

Glad I saw this thread. Quick info tells me I can't use this in my system as it only has one HDMI output. I need one for video and one for audio. My XBOX 360 stays! :)

Is there any indication that shows HDR is being recognized? On Netflix, Amazon, or Disk?
I have not seen any HDR from Netflix, a couple HDR on Amazon, and on all UHD disks with my Samsung K8500. Samsung says their Netflix app doesn't support HDR, next one may.

I need to stay away from this thread or I'll be swayed into getting one. I really would like a 4K disc player.
I hear the Panasonic will be out in September and the Oppo before the end of the year. I'm good with the Samsung for now, but maybe next year at this time I'll revisit the selections for an upgrade. I'd like to see what the Oppo will do for me over the Samsung. Sorry the XBOX isn't going to do it for me unless I upgrade my AVR and I'm not going to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts