X2 and DIseq1.2 Problem "redux"

The Emails I've been trading with X2 support gave them the info on my system, ie, they were told I use a Von Weise linear actuator, a Vbox X controller and that I receive both C and Ku signals with a 10ft Winegard dish. The second Email I sent them had a link to the thread I originally started here on this which has ton of info on stuff I've already tried.

In the return message I sent them today, I did answer their questions and also told them that there was nowhere on their X2 receiver to connect the dish motor wires.

To clarify, my first "I'm done" was when I had exhausted all means at my disposal to try to make this thing work and was waiting for them to send me another one to replace this one. It's been packed up in the box now since VIP3R sent me that message Monday of last week stating he had asked X2 to send me another one.

The second "I'm done" posted today was when I asked them to send me a shipping label so I could send it back for a refund, meaning I don't want one of these after all!

Definitely sounds like they don't understand about the 36 V deal at all. And what's all that nonsense about someone else tearing a box apart? That has nothing to do with you, you're trying to return a defective box. I myself would be somewhat insulted at that #3 comment, offer to send them date stamped pictures of your box if they think that you tore yours apart.

3- What (Vip3r) member did last year is opened the receiver and damaged it all and we received it is totally broken receiver due many wrong usage of that member but our customer service already reimbursement him in that time and finally he copied all by using same RCU,Chipset many functions been copied from X2 in his new receiver HDVR1200 and sale by 120 USD and More with Less accessories and very basically software.

I may be wrong, but this seems to accuse someone of cloning the receiver and/or copying some of his software. Hmm that HDVR1200 looks familiar (although I hear that one actually works). :D

Last edited:
..... and also told them that there was nowhere on their X2 receiver to connect the dish motor wires.
Why!?!? A VBox / GBox is just a DiSEqC device, it is "part" of your Motor. When you take the VBox / GBox out of the loop, your Actuator is no longer a DiSEqC device!
So of course you can not connect the Actuator directly to the X2.

Now.......................................
Did you re-flash clean firmware?
And the results?

Back on topic.....From what Ive read, you have a similar setup to mine. If you're trying to use a Ku and C band LNB(F) on the same dish, Im assuming you have a diseqc switch in the mix. The V or GBOX does work with diseqc. But, NOT with a switch either before or after the box. So, if you use a mover (vbox) you cant use a switch in my experience. Pretty sure that's the real answer. Once I cut the switch out of my setup, the dish moving issues went almost totally away. so, receiver---->cable to vbox------->cable to C OR Ku LNB. and then separate connections to the accuator for power and sensor.

I remember when the Manhattan box first came out and it wouldn't work with motors or motor controllers.

When we inquired we were told something like this was a non standard FTA setup.

But the Manhatten folks listened to us and quickly worked to push out a fix, and then all was fine. The Manhattan turned out to be a nice box.

I remember when the MicroHD came out... I hated it it wouldn't work with my setup. But Brian worked with me and we figured out what was wrong and a fix was quickly issued for his box. The MicroHD quickly became my favorite FTA receiver.

Now this box if you ignore the piracy issues isn't a bad box. But if they want to make this a real FTA box they need to listen and understand the different configurations that are out here. Sure its SD picture might not be the best but this box does some things better then any other FTA box on the market currently that I have tried. The question now is do they want to support the real FTA market or are they happy catering to the pirates. Unfortunately I think I know the answer here, but would be pleasantly surprised to learn different.

I remember when the Manhattan box first came out and it wouldn't work with motors or motor controllers.
The X2 "does" work with motor controllers - period.

When we inquired we were told something like this was a non standard FTA setup.
If the switch setup is not done properly, then it is a non-standard setup.
Receiver---->VBox------>C/Ku Combo LNBF (external 22KHz switch allowed)

america is just a small fraction of the receiver market,so I don't think they are going to do too much catering.
If you compare with the openbox s9 or s10 those receivers only had 9 months of support.We are already past the 1 year mark with the x2 so you have to wonder how much longer they are going to put out new firmwares before moving on to another model.

As Lak7 stated above, the X2 does work with motor controllers. I have mine hooked to a Gbox and have no issues. My Gbox already had the positions programmed in so all I had to do was program the positions into the receiver with one major exception. The Gbox must be off or disconnected from the receiver when programming the positions into the receiver. If you leave the mover powered or connected then each time you issue the "save" command from the receiver, the receiver will overwrite the saved position in the mover without actually moving the dish. The end result is every satellite you just painstaking programmed into your receiver will all have the exact same position in the mover and your dish will go no where. Learned this the hard way.

If you leave the mover powered or connected then each time you issue the "save" command from the receiver, the receiver will overwrite the saved position in the mover without actually moving the dish.
The "save" command is not to save the number in the setup menu, it's to tell the positioner (G/VBox/SG2100) to save it's current position as the number you entered in the Setup Menu.
In other words, drive the dish to the desired position prior to selecting position number in Setup Menu.

I found quite the reverse. The position numbers are assignable in the receiver. After assigning a number in the receiver the "save" command is necessary for it to stick otherwise it will revert to the preprogrammed number in the receiver. This feature is what makes it possible to use with a controller that already has programmed positions.

I found quite the reverse. The position numbers are assignable in the receiver. After assigning a number in the receiver the "save" command is necessary for it to stick otherwise it will revert to the preprogrammed number in the receiver. This feature is what makes it possible to use with a controller that already has programmed positions.

sounds like a good test for ezm,edit on the pc first then save the database to x2.

Jugghedd, my X2 works fine with my V-Box 7 and two switches, controlling my C-band dish with a dual ortho on it and my Ku dish. Usals for the Ku and DisEq1.2 for the C-band.

On my setup, as soon as you set the position in the receiver it automatically sets it in the V-Box. Like Lak7, I always drive the motor to the desired position 1st.

I only mentioned the issues with switches because if you expect the normal behavior, you may be thrown a little. The motor does act differently with the switch in place. At least in my experience. Like, if I set the position, hook up the switch with 2 dishes (C and Ku USALS), then try to adjust one of the C Band sat positions, it doesnt save the new position just by adjusting position and saving it. I hope Im not mistaken or adding confusion. But, I would suggest setting up the C side without the switch in place and leaving the position numbers and settings in place. It seemed to work much better that way for me. I'm assuming this is normal for the setup and not a problem with hardware. I know, lots of assumptions.

Jugghedd, my X2 works fine with my V-Box 7 and two switches, controlling my C-band dish with a dual ortho on it and my Ku dish. Usals for the Ku and DisEq1.2 for the C-band.

On my setup, as soon as you set the position in the receiver it automatically sets it in the V-Box. Like Lak7, I always drive the motor to the desired position 1st.

Lak7,
Did you get a chance to verify what Shopman stated on post #31 with your setup. I am in the process of trying to use my GBOX with the X2 Premium and would like to not start all over again from scratch just in case I screw up.

Thanks.

Did you get a chance to verify what Shopman stated on post #31 with your setup
Sorry, I did not have time.

Do the safe thing.... drive Dish to Sat using remote first, set Position Number in setup menu, hit save. You should see the Position Number flash on the GBox.
There are only 64 positions in the X2, so if you are using a C / Ku combo setup, just do C Band Sats. Ku on a BUD always needs a little bump east / west anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)