X2 and DIseq1.2 Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I tortured myself by switching over to an old skyview receiver and setting up the motor from 72w to 97w.
That receiver motor goes by the sat list,so 97w is #1, 72w is #2 and so forth, which is going to cause crying and gnashing of teeth when I switch back over to the x2 or s10.

Both the AZBox and the Openbox S9 receivers I have allow me to use the same position number for more than one satellite. I guess those folks realized that there are two satellites in one in some cases. I just checked and there are 31 satellites up there from 37.4 to 139W that are both C and Ku, which means they occupy the exact same position in the clark belt. Since you can't scan both from one satellite entry, you have to create one for C and one for Ku in the exact same position.

I'm sure it's just a firmware issue on the X2 but it's an issue just the same. Question is, will they modify it to address my problem.

I'm going to hook that X2 back up today and see if I can get the Diseq1.2 function to work by starting with P1 and programming the rest from there. I'll let you know what happens with that.

And on a positive note, I do like the blind scan speed on this X2 although it does seem to miss some stuff, ie, I scanned in 125W Ku yesterday and it didn't pick up OETA or Montana, which my Openbox S9 WILL pickup. It was overcast and drizzling rain though so I'll try it again in clear weather to see if that helps.

Both the AZBox and the Openbox S9 receivers I have allow me to use the same position number for more than one satellite. I guess those folks realized that there are two satellites in one in some cases. I just checked and there are 31 satellites up there from 37.4 to 139W that are both C and Ku, which means they occupy the exact same position in the clark belt. Since you can't scan both from one satellite entry, you have to create one for C and one for Ku in the exact same position.

I'm sure it's just a firmware issue on the X2 but it's an issue just the same. Question is, will they modify it to address my problem.

I'm going to hook that X2 back up today and see if I can get the Diseq1.2 function to work by starting with P1 and programming the rest from there. I'll let you know what happens with that.

And on a positive note, I do like the blind scan speed on this X2 although it does seem to miss some stuff, ie, I scanned in 125W Ku yesterday and it didn't pick up OETA or Montana, which my Openbox S9 WILL pickup. It was overcast and drizzling rain though so I'll try it again in clear weather to see if that helps.

Good Morning Lone Gunman
?I'll make sure X2/Xsat get your inputs to allow you to use the same position number for more than one satellite and hopefully added to the next release.

What if you numbered the same 2 sats as 97 for the ku side and say 97.1 for the C band. I realize its not a fix but it may be a temp work around.

What if you numbered the same 2 sats as 97 for the ku side and say 97.1 for the C band. I realize its not a fix but it may be a temp work around.

The problem isn't in the satellite degree location in the Clark Belt as you can use the same number for that. The number I'm talking about is the P numbers that the Vbox X uses to allow the receiver to "call on" that number to run the dish to that location. Those P numbers are P1, P2, P3, etc up to P99. Example, if I want to go to 91W I point to that satellite on my S9 then the S9 receiver sends a signal to the Vbox X telling it to run to position P27, which it does. When I do this with the X2 receiver I get NO MOVEMENT and the Vbox X doesn't change from the position it was sitting on.

Carlos said:
Good Morning Lone Gunman
?I'll make sure X2/Xsat get your inputs to allow you to use the same position number for more than one satellite and hopefully added to the next release.

Carlos the duplicate number deal isn't the only problem as I've been working with this thing since 9:30am trying to get the Diseq1.2 function to work and it's a no go!! I've tried what a poster suggested up the page, ie, start with P1 and so on and that doesn't work either with 6 sat locations programmed in. I've tried it with firmware from April 9th, May 20th, Sept 17th and Sept 26th and NONE of them will allow the receiver to move my dish via that Vbox X that my AZBox and Openbox S9 use with zero problems.

I'm at the end of my rope as I've been at this for 3 days now and I don't know of anything else to try. Looks as if most that are using this receiver are using USALS for Ku only satellites, hence the one sat per P number wasn't a problem since they can't get Cband with that setup. Obviously USALS does something different from what Diseq1.2 does where dish programming and movement is concerned.

I just checked the post over on your board and there's nothing there that I haven't already tried. Defective receiver?? Certainly looks like it to me.

Last edited:
Lone Gunman
I'm really sorry you couldn't find a way to handle your V-box. I really try my best to help you out. If you want you can try to contact X2 and maybe they directly can help you.

http://www.x2sat.com/contact.html

?

Thanks Carlos. I've contacted them via that link and I sent them a link to this thread so they can see all of what's been done.

One other thing that needs to be added to the firmware is a way to scan FTA ONLY, NO RADIO. I don't do satellite radio and there's no option to select FTA ONLY. You can select TV and also Radio but the Free TV scan also scans in radio whether you want it or not.

........On another note, is anyone on here using one of these to move their dish using the Diseq1.2 function, a Vbox and a linear actuator??
Well, yes, but it is a Gbox. A switch in the house goes to the Gbox or on a different cable straight to the motor on the Prodelin. If it goes to the Gbox then out to a 1 X 8 switch. One output to the BUD others to fixed dishes. When out to bud actuator works fine. When switch in house sends out directly to the Prodelin motor it moves. All works well using 1.0, 1.1, & 1.2. As has been stated, the X2 requires you to start with position 1 and on from there. Because of that I now have a bunch of mixed up satellite positions in my satellite list. This could(maybe)be fixed if I could ever get the editor to do anything other than load. Tried on more than one computer and different cables with no luck.
X2 does scan fast and did pick up some thing the S9 did not.
The best thing about the X2 is there is real customer service that listens to fixes that could/need to be done. Reading about the "dish moving" displaying on screen for many seconds sounded real bad. Must have been removed. Mine does not have that problem.
SD picture is not all that great but for 50 bucks and all the "stuff" in the box-not bad.
RT

actually the old openbox s10 lets you use duplicate positions.
I can set up a 2 sats for say position 10,one sat that has been scanned already and the next sat that I am scanning for the 1st time.I tweak the motor on sat #2 until the quality peters out then save the position, and blindscan.That is the easiest way to work your way down the sat list.

Yeah, now after reading through the thread again and thinking on it, it would be nice to be able to re-use the list positions. I'd like to be able to use the same position for C and Ku on each sat, that would be good. Be good for working through the sat list like you explained too. Now I hope that they do add the ability to use them more than once!

Lone Gunman, do you have any switches in your setup? My X-2 didn't like a few of the switches that I have here that should've worked fine and work on my other receivers. Right now I'm using an old Zimwell switch i had lying around and a cheap one I bought off Amazon.

Lone Gunman, do you have any switches in your setup? My X-2 didn't like a few of the switches that I have here that should've worked fine and work on my other receivers. Right now I'm using an old Zimwell switch i had lying around and a cheap one I bought off Amazon.

I do have a diode protected splitter in line with the AZBox and the S9 connected to it then the coax from that goes to the Vbox receiver connector. When I put the X2 in the system I disconnect the AZBox and put the X2 in it's place. I disconnect power from the receiver that's not being used to prevent two of them from sending signals to the Vbox at the same time. Both my systems are set up that way and both work fine with the AZBox and S9 receivers. I guess I need to run the coax directly from the X2 to the Vbox to see if that's a problem although I can't see how or why. The diodes just keep power from one receiver from feeding back into the other. Will try that Sunday as today is my 17th wedding anniversary and you know what that means!

Well, we got up this morning, had breakfast and sat down to decide what we wanted to do today. After looking over the trash that's on at the box office and deciding that the rain today was going to limit outside activities, it's back to business as usual, ie, I'm on my computer here in the shop and she's on hers in the house. We'll reserve some "special" time later on this evening to celebrate a little more. ;)

So now I'm back to this damn X2 PITA! :rant:

OK so this morning I tried bypassing that splitter and the Diseq1.2 function still didn't work. So then I tried programming satellites from the West end, ie, 139 = P1, 137 = P2 etc and that doesn't work either???

I also downloaded the Sept 28th firmware, loaded that and it doesn't work with that firmware either.

Since the Vbox X dish controller works fine with both the AZBox and the Openbox S9 one must conclude that this X2 box I have IS DEFECTIVE, which I've suspected for some time now!

I guess the only thing left is to wait to see what X Square has to say about it when/if they reply to that message I sent them yesterday.

I'm done!

OK so I guess I wasn't quite "DONE" yet.

I've got a Vbox 7 that I got for a spare a few months back since the Vbox X positioners are few and far in between. So this morning I hooked that Vbox 7 up to a spare Ventura linear actuator I have and connected that all up to the X2 receiver. Programmed in 4 satellite positions and can't get the X2 to run to any of those in any menu?? And BTW I can move that Ventura actuator with the Vbox 7 remote so both those pieces are working.

From what I've seen, in the "Antenna Settings" menu you can change satellites via the right and left arrow keys? On the S9 and AZBox when I do this it moves the dish but the X2 doesn't??

So OK, I'm done now as that's two different dish positioners that don't work with this receiver so it's got to be the receiver.

From what I've seen, in the "Antenna Settings" menu you can change satellites via the right and left arrow keys? On the S9 and AZBox when I do this it moves the dish but the X2 doesn't??

Mine does move the dish in the 'Antenna Settings' menu. On that same screen, third option down, where it says DiSEqC 1.0/1.1, do you have that set for your switch? I'm sure you do, but I figured I'd ask because on mine it only shows DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 and not DiSEqC 1.2, even though I'm using DiSEqC1.2 and my motor setting on that same screen says DiSEqC1.2. If that's not set right on mine the dish won't move. Actually, it can't be that, you bypassed the switch and it still didn't work.

Sure does sound like you might've got a bad receiver. Definitely possible, I got a bad Starcom box from them when I first setup my Ku dish. It was only seventeen dollars and I didn't want to spend a lot of money until I was sure the FTA stuff was worth it. I gave them bad zero feedback on Amazon and they replaced it immediately with the next model up, the X2 M1.

By that time I'd already bought an X2 Premium for fifty bucks and had it set up and working. Which was good, the X2 M1 replacement they'd sent me had a bad connection on the F connector for the LNB and wouldn't receive squat. I did eventually fix it, even though I don't use it for anything. When I finally tried the M1 out a month or so after getting it, I was like, WTF, it don't work! So glad I'd bought the other receiver and set that up before the M1, otherwise, with the two bad receivers in a row, I might've given up on the satellite thing all together!

try old firmware from back in the spring of 2013,see if that makes a difference.

If you read some of the early posts I made you'd see that I've tried 5 different ones starting with April 9th. This X2 was shipped with Sept. 17 in it.

A Raine the Diseq1.2 settings are down the Antenna setup menu second up from the bottom were it says "motor". If you arrow right on that one then click on it it will bring up the Diseq1.2 menu where you set the position number for each satellite. I need 62 position settings for my system and from what I remember, the earlier versions of Diseq don't allow that many so I can't use that.

A Raine the Diseq1.2 settings are down the Antenna setup menu second up from the bottom were it says "motor". If you arrow right on that one then click on it it will bring up the Diseq1.2 menu where you set the position number for each satellite. I need 62 position settings for my system and from what I remember, the earlier versions of Diseq don't allow that many so I can't use that.

Yeah, I was talking about the third setting down from the top for switches, not that one. Is that for Diseq 1.0/1.1 only? My receiver won't move the dish if that isn't set. Maybe mine isn't working for Diseq 1.2 also? I have set all my positions in the Diseq 1.2 menu but if I also don't set the third down from the top then my dish doesn't move.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)