OTHER X2 Premium HD SE

dsmith0429

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Lake Placid, FL
Anyone know how to TTL into a X2 Premium HD SE? Can I unplug the serial port from inside and connect a TTL cable? The cable to the serial port is only 3 wires. Also, anyone know the pin layout, software, and cable I would need if this is possible? THANKS!

The two serial formats are not the same. If the rear panel RS232 jack is directly connected to the main PCB via a 3 pin port, it is still a Rx/Tx/Gnd RS232 serial protocol.

The TTL serial connector may be elsewhere on the PCB or it was not designed for a TTL connector. There also may be a unused pad on the PCB for a TTL connector.

The two serial formats are not the same. If the rear panel RS232 jack is directly connected to the main PCB via a 3 pin port, it is still a Rx/Tx/Gnd RS232 serial protocol.

The TTL serial connector may be elsewhere on the PCB or it was not designed for a TTL connector. There also may be a unused pad on the PCB for a TTL connector.

So will a regular serial cable from a computer work to access the inner workings on that X2 since it already has the RS232 connector on the back? There are a bunch of USB to serial adapters on the market that will function as a normal RS232 serial connection? I've got one that allows me to access the Innovate data logger and MSD digital 7 ignition systems RS232 connectors on my race car. Or......does that X2 require a null modem cable type connection like the old Pansat STBs??

Just curious.

I don't know if the X2 uses standard or null serial cable, but the difference is just the reversal of two wires. I am sure the serial connection type is indexed by Google or available from the distributor.

USB to Serial convertors add one more layer of possible miscommunication to the equation. I would attempt recovery with a PC and native RS-232 port.

I would attempt recovery with a PC and native RS-232 port.

Agreed! Especially in a case like this.
If your thinking is using a cable like people use to recover the geosatpro microHD, it will not work with this receiver--at least not on that serial connection anyway.

Thanks everyone for your input. Well I had no luck restoring through the RS-232 port, using a null modem cable, so I guess it's dead. I followed the instructions posted elsewhere on here, everything appeared to go smoothly, but as soon as I restarted the receiver, it was stuck again. The manufacturer would not give me any help other than offer to sell me a new receiver.

Time to order you a Amiko Mini HD SE. :)

Got the X2 premium hd mini , last fall , $60 . Fairly decent fta receiver . Great for the price . Wouldn't't know about the IPTV side . Shows it's connected to my WiFi , but nothing . The only way I can update it , would be with a memory stick .

I'm happy with my GEOSATpro Micro HD, since I was able to figure out how to keep it from boot-looping, and customize it the way I wanted it. Also have a X2 M1 and an old Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra that is really my favorite, if only it did DVBS2, sigh...:sorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts