OTHER X2 Premium - How To Lock Favorite Channels?

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Hello and thanks for reading my post. Is there a way to keep the channels that I've "renamed" from being overwritten when I do a blind scan. I.E ... was "Movies!" but is "CH1" after blind scan.

No way to lock, but you might be able to prevent the custom service information from being overwritten during scans.

If you have a software channel editor for the STB, save the receiver's user data file to a USB. Launch the editor software and read the saved user data file. Edit the SID for the channel that you wish to prevent to be overwritten to an unused number. Once all channels have been edited, save the file back to the USB. Load the user data list file back to the receiver.

When the transponder is scanned, the incorrect SID will prevent the custom information from being overwritten, but you may end up with a duplicate channel named CH1.

Reactions: KJ6EO
[QUOTE="Titanium]
If you have a software channel editor for the STB, save the receiver's user data file to a USB. Launch the editor software and read the saved user data file. Edit the SID for the channel that you wish to prevent to be overwritten to an unused number. Once all channels have been edited, save the file back to the USB. Load the user data list file back to the receiver.
When the transponder is scanned, the incorrect SID will prevent the custom information from being overwritten, but you may end up with a duplicate channel named CH1.[/QUOTE]

Sheeesh. That's waaay too much work! KJ6EO just buy another X2 and blind scan that one.

Reactions: KJ6EO
No way to lock, but you might be able to prevent the custom service information from being overwritten during scans.

When the transponder is scanned, the incorrect SID will prevent the custom information from being overwritten, but you may end up with a duplicate channel named CH1.

Hi Brian -

Thanks for the advice! I do have a software channel editor. I used to set the SID (as you mentioned) to 0 on the MicroHD. I wasn't aware
that it worked the same way with the X2. I like Cosmo's tip about using a second receiver to blind scan with. That's what I've been doing. When I see something new, I just scan/rescan that TP on the primary receiver to add the new channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)