X2 Premium V came today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
some claim to be Openbox others don't....can these be clones? I've seen a listing for $18.99 with free shipping.

Not the same box.
Freesat V8 Super is the one talked about.
It will run around $50-$54 USD including shipping.
You may find one cheaper but those take much longer to get to you in North America.
I have not seen any reviews on the Openbox V8S receiver so don't expect it to perform the same as what has been talked about with the V8 Super. If your in doubt then buy directly from Freesat that way you can be certain what your getting.

My v8 should be here tomorrow.... just under FOUR LONG WEEKS to get here from china.

freddylqq sorry you have issue with your x2 v5. Mine has been great for the most part. I think it is underpowered for a diseqc switch. Works with the 2x1 but does not play well with a 4x1.
(But I could be setting something wrong)

Don't know what is up with X2? Been seeing this with their receivers lately. My X2 Premium Mini was unusable out of the box and my M1HD had overheat issues and problems moving my ku dish for any more than a short distance without rebooting. I'm at the point where I won't be buying from X2 again. :(

That sucks. I have had over heating issues with my x2 mini. Had to put a fan on it when running blind scans.

I like my x2 stuff. I have boxes and lnbs. I have seen signal on my x2 mini, can't lock it, that nothing else will.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Is there a link where I can check out this exact model? How do we make sure it's a Freesat version?

I don't believe the link is allowed here but if you google: dvb-s2 freesat v7 hd satellite receiver
On the 2nd page you will see "DVB-S2 Freesat V7 HD satellite TV receiver Mpeg4 Set top box" that is the link you want and you can find the V8 Super there. That is the freesat home sales page. Click on the V8 at the top of the page and you will find the V8 Super.

v8%20super_zpswaiomcbn.jpg

In all fairness to the OP here this thread should not be about the V8 as this is hijacking their thread.
If you want to learn more on the V8 Super then visit the proper thread here please.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/v8-super-receiver.363252/
My apologies for the unintentional hijacking of this X2-Premium thread.

I had some time to fool around with my Premium V today....I'm at long. 118.2, when I requested a sat. less than 118 it went to my left which seems correct....but when I requested a sat. greater than 118 it would still go to my left. I could not get it to go to a sat. beyond 118 degrees. Something is definitely wrong

I just bought a premium V and have had it for a few days now. So far I like it

Using an SG-9120B motor and an azura shine 33x36 dish, I have not had any issues with the receiver rebooting from moving the dish around. It does seem to move somewhat slower then what it used to be, but so far it moves it around. Ill see what it does this winter when snow is on the dish. But also for that there is a setting under dish setup ->usals setup that is called rotating speed. Right now its set to 0.60. I changed it to 2.00 but I didnt noticeably see any difference so i put it back to 0.60, Its default is 0.30

It puts the same heat off as a microhd so the space around it is open so it can breathe.

A downside is no simultaneous video output on HDMI and rca, so my slingbox is no longer able to be used. I wouldnt do much with one anyway if there is no remote profile for one of these receivers so its a draw.

What I have noticed most is the difference of signal strength readings and fine tuning. Using the Newsone channels on 91W ku band I have a strength of 62%. On the microhd it was 72%, on the openbox s10 it was 73-74%. It shows this on 97W also on ku, but on C band they are from 60 - 80% depending on the transponder. Thats about what I was seeing on another receiver. I dont know for sure yet if it is calibrated differently or if there is some attenuation in the receiver tuning itself. It will hold at 62% as I bump the dish then suddenly go to on the 30's then teens. A different receiver would show a gradual decrease with each bump. Also there is around a 1 second delay from bumping it east or west for it to show on the signal strength. Other receivers it was maybe a quarter second delay. Takes getting used to.

Fine tuning I used to be able to go into the USALS settings and change the longitude by a tenth of a degree and it would change the dish instantly, making for simple easy adjustments. This receiver wont do that. For your adjustment to take, you have to back out of the USALS menu, go to the satellite menu, pick an adjacent satellite, and then change back to the satellite you are one. What used to take 2 seconds now takes 30 seconds. The same goes for the dish itself in the motor settings. Seems like to make a slight bump east or west makes it move a lot further then just a slight tap. There might be another setting to use to make a smaller bump but I havent found it yet. That and pressing left button moves the dish west, and right moves it east. Seems backwards to me.

So far it works, I have not messed with wifi or streaming since I have no need for it. The satellite list is out of the correct order of satellite locations, but I have no idea on how to make it correct

Reactions: hank123
That sucks. I have had over heating issues with my x2 mini. Had to put a fan on it when running blind scans.

I like my x2 stuff. I have boxes and lnbs. I have seen signal on my x2 mini, can't lock it, that nothing else will.
Looks like the larger heat sink in the premium v is not enough. The box I received this week was unusable. It rebooted or froze several times an hour. I connected a 5v CPU fan to the USB port and placed it on top of the HD lettering and it has been rock solid for 48 hours.

Using an SG-9120B motor and an azura shine 33x36 dish, I have not had any issues with the receiver rebooting from moving the dish around. It does seem to move somewhat slower then what it used to be, but so far it moves it around. Ill see what it does this winter when snow is on the dish. But also for that there is a setting under dish setup ->usals setup that is called rotating speed. Right now its set to 0.60. I changed it to 2.00 but I didnt noticeably see any difference so i put it back to 0.60, Its default is 0.30

It puts the same heat off as a microhd so the space around it is open so it can breathe.

A downside is no simultaneous video output on HDMI and rca, so my slingbox is no longer able to be used. I wouldnt do much with one anyway if there is no remote profile for one of these receivers so its a draw.

What I have noticed most is the difference of signal strength readings and fine tuning. Using the Newsone channels on 91W ku band I have a strength of 62%. On the microhd it was 72%, on the openbox s10 it was 73-74%. It shows this on 97W also on ku, but on C band they are from 60 - 80% depending on the transponder. Thats about what I was seeing on another receiver. I dont know for sure yet if it is calibrated differently or if there is some attenuation in the receiver tuning itself. It will hold at 62% as I bump the dish then suddenly go to on the 30's then teens. A different receiver would show a gradual decrease with each bump. Also there is around a 1 second delay from bumping it east or west for it to show on the signal strength. Other receivers it was maybe a quarter second delay. Takes getting used to.

Fine tuning I used to be able to go into the USALS settings and change the longitude by a tenth of a degree and it would change the dish instantly, making for simple easy adjustments. This receiver wont do that. For your adjustment to take, you have to back out of the USALS menu, go to the satellite menu, pick an adjacent satellite, and then change back to the satellite you are one. What used to take 2 seconds now takes 30 seconds. The same goes for the dish itself in the motor settings. Seems like to make a slight bump east or west makes it move a lot further then just a slight tap. There might be another setting to use to make a smaller bump but I havent found it yet. That and pressing left button moves the dish west, and right moves it east. Seems backwards to me.

So far it works, I have not messed with wifi or streaming since I have no need for it. The satellite list is out of the correct order of satellite locations, but I have no idea on how to make it correct

I had issues with it pointing in the right direction when I used the "GOTO Position" option in the USALS menu but I found that using the "GOTO XX" option works much better. It gets the sat right on and works on either side of my Longitude. For fine tuning the sat position I use the "Fine Tuning [1]" option and hit the left or right arrow on the remote. It moves the dish a step in the indicated position. Not sure if the 1 can be changed to another value Once I get the highest Q possible I use the "Store Position" Option. I haven't had any issues with it either USALS or the receiver rebooting since. See images below.

GOTOXX.jpg FineTune.jpg

Reactions: hank123

By the way, you're right about the Quality strength.....Mine are in the low 60's....can't get much higher than that.

Reactions: DVB-S2 and hank123
Good feed back guys on this box. Its not perfect but I think for the price it is a heck of a box.

I have a V8 super coming, 3 weeks shipping time :( .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272281873910?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Paid $38.94 LOL.

I think my X2 premuim V is giving me issues with my DiSEqC. Only uses the default port 1.

Is that the new one that supposedly FIXED the power problem. Mine still gives me intermittent fits. (regular X2). Have to do a partial rescan sometimes to get it to recognize certain channels. Also, freezes channel changes at times. Still better than one of those "Fat Boyz" on audio processing.

Don't know what is up with X2? Been seeing this with their receivers lately. My X2 Premium Mini was unusable out of the box and my M1HD had overheat issues and problems moving my ku dish for any more than a short distance without rebooting. I'm at the point where I won't be buying from X2 again. :(
AMEN brother!. I tolerate it for now until I can save up for a V8s because the Fat won't decode over half the audio out there...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)