X2 premium

cyberham said:
Always wanted to live on Fantasy Island. How is it?

Lol it's not fantasy island it's called the American legal system.

cyberham said:
No offense, but this thread gets more ridiculous with each new posting. I know, I should just click away to other threads and be silent.

Don't be silent be Loud and proud :)

This was discussed regarding the Openbox clone units many times. Several NA dealers created their OEM of this design and obtained the licensing, certifications and sold them without IKS or preloaded keys at a reasonable price.

Once Openbox's were sold in NA they were just a design type and not a company. These clones originated from dozens of manufacturers capitalizing on the name recognition and had all types of hardware. Some tried to be legit, others just printed logos. Many containers and shipments of Opensat clones were confiscated. There was no single source or product.

In this case, it is a single identified distributor of defined products.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Last edited:
luis2 said:
Please American.Don't say that are one offence to the rest of the world

Keep in mind that in America you can sue for anything and its not free to hire a lawyer just pointed that out someone could easily sue the solo supplier and then in discover get a court order for the records from amazon.

The X2 is not bad however they need to leave IKS out and biss keys and show there docs Part 15, HDMI, DD etc.... That's it then its totally legit but they will not. Why do you need IKS from factory in NA? That's what I don't understand Pansat tried it and look what happen to them.

Keep in mind that in America you can sue for anything and its not free to hire a lawyer just pointed that out someone could easily sue the solo supplier and then in discover get a court order for the records from amazon.

The X2 is not bad however they need to leave IKS out and biss keys and show there docs Part 15, HDMI, DD etc.... That's it then its totally legit but they will not. Why do you need IKS from factory in NA? That's what I don't understand Pansat tried it and look what happen to them.
I'm not supplier I just like the box if the biss keys are a problem .My friend in Ontario to many Free to air stores selling free to air have receivers do ks biss keys and price over $150 to $300.Remember The post are for one good simple Receiver good blind scan and very good price.I just like the receiver and I'm one proud free to air and like to have good receivers and the x2 for the price are one good honda .

Last edited:
I agree 100% that any illegal iks or biss keys should be removed from the firmware.

As for licensing, that is between the patent holder and the seller. I think it is unreasonable to ask them to show us all there documentation when we don’t ask the same of all sellers. It should be either all or none. If they are unlicensed I’m sure they will have there containers confiscated eventually.

While anyone could sue anyone in the US for any reason at anytime, lawyers always go after the deep pockets which probably eliminates most X2 owners.

Agree, in general, but end users of illicit services are not immune.

http://satscams.com/

That looks like the person actually distributing the keys, not the end-users.

Has anyone ever actually called Amazon and asked them about this? They usually are really good at checking up on things. I'm about ready to do it myself, this thread is getting annoying. I tried to check on the licensing deal but not all vendors have to show proof to just anyone without a court order, so I can't check on that myself. Which is why I said before that people who have proof should produce it and end this silliness once and for all.

As I said before, darn sure for myself that at least some things in the X2 are illegal and shouldn't be there, but this back and forth nonsense about whether it is or not will continue forever unless someone actually produces something, one way or another! The damn menu stuff is illegal, probably the other stuff too. But once again, that's just me saying it with no real proof, like all the other back and forth comments here.

Last edited:
:popcorn This stupid thread would have probably died a long time ago were it not for the one guy who sure acts as though he has some interest in discouraging these sales, even if he says he doesn't (though I have about as much proof of that as he has about some of the things he's saying, which is to say, none).

Like I said a while back, people buy from people they like, and if you are in a business it's not really a good idea to come across as some kind of self-proclaimed moralist because that really turns off some potential customers. Especially if the subject under discussion really is not having an impact on your business.

The only other thing I will say is that if I bought what I assumed to be a legal product from Amazon and someone got my name from them and sued me, I would first contact Amazon and ask if they are going to have their lawyers intervene. And if they said no, or if I was successfully sued (and I guarantee you it WOULD go to court; I do not give in to blackmailers), they would be the next ones on the end of a lawsuit, since it is reasonable to have assumed that they vet the products they sell.

But really, in a situation like this, it would make no sense at all to go after individual users. Even if you win a judgement, you will never collect 100% of what you win, and some of the sued parties will be "judgement proof" (no assets that can be legally confiscated to settle the judgement). It makes much more sense to go after the party that you know has deep pockets, and that you might be able to assert should have checked to see if the product was legal before offering it to customers.

I could just see a hypothetical situation where a company hauled some customer in the court, and the court asks the customer, "Did you know there was anything illegal about this product?", and the customer says no. Then asks if the customer ever used the receiver to receive any illegal programming, and the customer says no. Then the judge either throws the lawsuit out of court due to lack of any real criminal activity on the customer's part, or maybe awards a judgement of $1. Suing customers is not a sure bet by any means.

There has been more people for this receiver than ones against it in this thread.

Carlos43, please don't take this personally. I have alot of respect for the great information and assistance that you provide to members of several forms. What I don't understand is why you continue to defend a product that has obvious legal issues. If members want to buy the X2 after hearing the facts, then they will. I just want members to know the truth so they can decide what and who to purchase from based on their own values!

Well, time for me to move on and leave all this crap behind. If we put all the X2 threads on this forum together it will probably win the Thread of the year award in the net. I think its time to leave the legal issues to those who really know about it (if there is any at all here). Thank you Brian for your respects, same here with you!! Keep up your good work around!!;)

Hummm, some interesting talk about the X2. I bought one several weeks ago from Amazon. I bought it because I thought it was a good buy for the money. The first thing I did was to update the firmware. I didn't receive any preloaded BISS keys. It doesn't receive anything it's not supposed to (at least in my case). The BISS menu
isn't enabled by default, you have to enter a special code to enable it. The blind scan is very fast. I blind scanned 47 birds "FTA TV ONLY" in 3 hours. And it didn't miss a single channel. It picked up a noticeable amount of new channels compared to my old receiver. And, the new channels it picked up were all in the clear. I'm not using it for anything illegal, nor will I ever engage in that sort of activity. Besides, I have DISH. If there is something that is scrambled that I just have to see, I'll just turn on the HOPPER. The X2 isn't perfect, IMHO the manual is useless. Sometimes, after channel surfing the picture and sound will start breaking up. In order to correct that I have to power cycle the X2. Something interesting that I did notice is that the X2 likes to ping it's home server in China on a regular basis. That is if you have it connected up to the internet like I do. There is no exchange of data ... just a ping ... which isn't a crime. Anyway, this is my 2 cents on the X2.

Something interesting that I did notice is that the X2 likes to ping it's home server in China on a regular basis. That is if you have it connected up to the internet like I do. There is no exchange of data ... just a ping ... which isn't a crime. Anyway, this is my 2 cents on the X2.

Have you used wireshark? It would be cool to capture the packets when calling home even if its just a ping.

Have you used wireshark? It would be cool to capture the packets when calling home even if its just a ping.

Hi Wally, I've heard of wireshark but I don't have it. Sometimes I do a "tcpdump -i eth0" to see who's knocking on my door. That's how I saw the
outgoing ping from the X2. When I saw the IP number, then I did a WHOIS 1.2.3.4 to see who it was pinging. China of course. I don't remember
the name of the owner at the moment.

KJ6EO said:
Hi Wally, I've heard of wireshark but I don't have it. Sometimes I do a "tcpdump -i eth0" to see who's knocking on my door. That's how I saw the
outgoing ping from the X2. When I saw the IP number, then I did a WHOIS 1.2.3.4 to see who it was pinging. China of course. I don't remember
the name of the owner at the moment.

It's free :)

www.wireshark.org

Wally - In case your interested, the IP number that the X2 is pinging is "202.55.12.17". Here is the "whois" query:

kj6eo@kj6eo:~$ whois 202.55.12.17
% [whois.apnic.net]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

% Information related to '202.55.0.0 - 202.55.15.255'

inetnum: 202.55.0.0 - 202.55.15.255
netname: CTHKI-HK
descr: Chinatelecom Next Carrying HongKong region network
admin-c: CTHK1-AP
tech-c: CTHK1-AP
notify: noc@chinatelecom.com.hk
mnt-by: MAINT-CTHKI-ADMIN
mnt-lower: MAINT-CTHKI-ADMIN
mnt-routes: MAINT-CTHKI-ADMIN
mnt-irt: IRT-CTHKI-HK
changed: noc@chinatelecom.com.hk 20110704
source: APNIC

irt: IRT-CTHKI-HK
address: 38/F., DAH SING Financial Center, 108 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
e-mail: noc@chinatelecom.com.hk
abuse-mailbox: noc@chinatelecom.com.hk
auth: # Filtered
changed: noc@chinatelecom.com.hk 20110222

role: CHINA TELECOM HONG KONGINTERNATIONAL LTD - netw
address: 38/F., DAH SING Financial Center, 108 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
phone: +852 31000000
e-mail: noc@chinatelecom.com.hk
nic-hdl: CTHK1-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-CTHKI-HK
changed: hm-changed@apnic.net 20091124

% Information related to '202.55.0.0/19AS4809'

route: 202.55.0.0/19
descr: Chinatelecom Next Carrying Network Backbone
descr: HK
origin: AS4809
notify: noc@chinatelecom.com.hk
mnt-lower: MAINT-CTHKI-ADMIN
mnt-routes: MAINT-CTHKI-ADMIN
changed: hm-changed@apnic.net 20110506

% This query was served by the APNIC Whois Service version 1.69.1-APNICv1r0 (WHOIS3)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)