OTHER X2 Square Premium STB Channel Modifying.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I have a X2 square satellite receiver (picture at bottom)

I am using this receiver dedicated for my Radio station. Because its a spare i could care less about, and it has a phono jack for RCA audio. But - It is a ROYAL pain in the butt setting up channels on the 103w mux with this receiver. First off, you cannot create custom customs by manually entering PIDS. Making it worse, you cannot manually change a TV to a radio or the other way around. And lastly, if you modify the PIDS, and rescan in attempts to get new channels, it will still see the channels as already scanned in!!!!

Here is the scenario. I scan in 103w 12145v20000 and it only pulls in 2 radio stations. I then modify the AUDIO and PCR pids, for 2 of the hidden radio services.. I then try and re-scan the TP in attempts to get those two visible radio stations and repeat the process... NO new channels found.. I cannot switch the Video to Audio or Audio to Video, so how the heck do i get the other radio stations i want into it... Ah, bright idea... I changed to a different satellite, setup the exact same settings as 103w (ie, creating multiple satellites which all yield 103). I then only have the 12145 TP on each satelliite, allowing me to scan in those 2 radio stations per Satellite. I then manually modify the audio PID for those two radio stations to get the actual service i want. I wanted 10 of the radio stations, so i needed to do that for 5 satellites, and i got my 10 radio stations, numbered 1-10, and being thats the only thing i have on the receiver, i can cycle through the ten stations just by hitting the channel up/down buttons... Talk about a MacGyver!!!:facepalm and thankfully that TP has those 2 scan-able radio stations. If it didn't I don't think it would be possible to access those hidden services without some sort of external channel editor.

But, it works, and that's all i care about.. Disconnected the receiver, took it back out side to my FM transmitter and plugged it back in. I used to have an old dreambox unit, but it crapped out about 5 years ago. I miss that receiver, i could change the radio station with icons i had on my desktop, and it was a LOT easier configuring the channels. But, being i set it and forget it, this inconvenience doesn't happen often.

If someone found an channel editor for this utilizing the backup channel database you can save and load, let me know, or if you found some easier method within the user interface that i missed, please let me know.

Looks like this :
1678991258751.png

I have a X2 square satellite receiver (picture at bottom)

I am using this receiver dedicated for my Radio station. Because its a spare i could care less about, and it has a phono jack for RCA audio. But - It is a ROYAL pain in the butt setting up channels on the 103w mux with this receiver. First off, you cannot create custom customs by manually entering PIDS. Making it worse, you cannot manually change a TV to a radio or the other way around. And lastly, if you modify the PIDS, and rescan in attempts to get new channels, it will still see the channels as already scanned in!!!!

Here is the scenario. I scan in 103w 12145v20000 and it only pulls in 2 radio stations. I then modify the AUDIO and PCR pids, for 2 of the hidden radio services.. I then try and re-scan the TP in attempts to get those two visible radio stations and repeat the process... NO new channels found.. I cannot switch the Video to Audio or Audio to Video, so how the heck do i get the other radio stations i want into it... Ah, bright idea... I changed to a different satellite, setup the exact same settings as 103w (ie, creating multiple satellites which all yield 103). I then only have the 12145 TP on each satelliite, allowing me to scan in those 2 radio stations per Satellite. I then manually modify the audio PID for those two radio stations to get the actual service i want. I wanted 10 of the radio stations, so i needed to do that for 5 satellites, and i got my 10 radio stations, numbered 1-10, and being thats the only thing i have on the receiver, i can cycle through the ten stations just by hitting the channel up/down buttons... Talk about a MacGyver!!!:facepalm and thankfully that TP has those 2 scan-able radio stations. If it didn't I don't think it would be possible to access those hidden services without some sort of external channel editor.

But, it works, and that's all i care about.. Disconnected the receiver, took it back out side to my FM transmitter and plugged it back in. I used to have an old dreambox unit, but it crapped out about 5 years ago. I miss that receiver, i could change the radio station with icons i had on my desktop, and it was a LOT easier configuring the channels. But, being i set it and forget it, this inconvenience doesn't happen often.

If someone found an channel editor for this utilizing the backup channel database you can save and load, let me know, or if you found some easier method within the user interface that i missed, please let me know.

Looks like this :
View attachment 161126

Your title mentions this is called the Premium. I've also seen this receiver called the V08 and the M1HD. It overheated for me out of the box. I was going to return it but experimented with it instead by modding it to add a fan to get it to run stable. Glad yours is running ok!

I contacted X2 back in 2016 regarding an editor for their receivers and was told they were working on it. Never got the editor but they did continue to release new models of receivers though. I hope you have better luck than I did getting one. :(

Yea, its a piece of junk, but for what im using it for, it works fine. Its been working for 2 or 3 years now since my old dreambox 800 failed. It has never over heated, but then it is outside and 6 months out of the year is below freezing outside.

Reactions: FTA4PA
A trick I did with an old XSAT 410 I had (still have, somewhere):
I (manually) scanned a frequency twice, but with a Symbol Rate just one number off.
Standard/blind scanning was for fixed SRs in this receiver: for instance 27500, 20000, or 29900.
So I had a manually made a program under SR 27501, 20001 or 29901.
These duplicates remained unchanged, with a new scan.

I needed just one duplicate, though.
And I guess it is very dependent on the receiver features...

Your trick under various satellite names is not bad at all! :) :)

Greetz,
A33

Reactions: iBoston