XA1 in hand!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike1973

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
Well, I got sick of waiting for the A2 and really wanted analog out anyway so I went ahead and switched my order with Robert at VE to an XA1. Got here today, this thing is a tank! Must be close to 30 lbs! Got it hooked up with the analog, connected ethernet and downloaded the newest firmware, took about 40 min. How cool is it to hook up a dvd player to the internet and download new firmware!! Got Serenity with it and dropped it in. Looked AMAZING!!! Lighting in here is lousy now too (its actually sunny so I'm not complaining). Can't wait to try it tonight when it gets dark. I did notice the slow load time but if thats the only problem with this unit then I don't think I'll be too concerned!
Thanks to Robert for the great service, item was double boxed and got here quick!!!

Mike

So Mike, give as a nice review of the audio features -- I am very interested.:)

So Mike, give as a nice review of the audio features -- I am very interested.:)

Well, regular 5.1 sounds great through the analog out. I haven't tried a disc with TrueHD yet but thats next on my list. I have always used optical before and I have to say that using the analog outs I do notice a clear difference in quality and I haven't even tweaked the settings yet.

Mike

Mike I have a questions. I guess I missed where the A2 doest have the analog output. I have the Yamaha RX-V1 so was wanting to use the 6 channel input to get the better sound then the coaxial digital input.

Thanks Shawn

Mike I have a questions. I guess I missed where the A2 doest have the analog output. I have the Yamaha RX-V1 so was wanting to use the 6 channel input to get the better sound then the coaxial digital input.

Thanks Shawn

I see a fairly major difference in the sound using the analog outs. I never had a player that would do that before. I have V for Vendetta shipping from Netflix and that has Dolby True HD, that'll be the real test!

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts