Xbox 360 as Uverse IPTV STB (Set Top Box)

mdntblu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Corona, CA
Does anyone use their Xbox 360 as a Uverse STB?
How does it work?
Is it possible to get the CD or a copy of it so I can install it and then ask Uverse to add my Xbox as a device?

The way it works, you will be charge a $99 only fee for the adapter required for your Xbox and the Xbox remote is included. Also, you will not pay any monthly fee that you normally get charged for additional STB.

The adapter is simply an HPNA adapter to convert your Xbox from Ethernet to Coax but you only need that if you have Coax ran. I have Cat5 ran all over my house so I don't need that and the remote is the same remote that came with my HD-DVD player which is also useless if you have a Logitech Harmony remote.
After I posted this I did more research and was able to find someone who posted the ISO image of the disc online and then installed it on my Xbox. Then called AT&T and had them activate my Xbox. Then I sent back my receiver to save the $7/month fee.
I'm a happy camper. No need for the $99 kit and $55 truck roll.

The adapter is simply an HPNA adapter to convert your Xbox from Ethernet to Coax but you only need that if you have Coax ran. I have Cat5 ran all over my house so I don't need that and the remote is the same remote that came with my HD-DVD player which is also useless if you have a Logitech Harmony remote.
After I posted this I did more research and was able to find someone who posted the ISO image of the disc online and then installed it on my Xbox. Then called AT&T and had them activate my Xbox. Then I sent back my receiver to save the $7/month fee.
I'm a happy camper. No need for the $99 kit and $55 truck roll.

How is this working for you? Can you describe the pros and cons of using the Xbox as a STB?

Also, all I need to do is buy the equipment (total cost of ~$36), find the iso, and call AT&T to activate? My Xbox is not modded... also, my install in in 2 weeks, so I could gather the needed stuff before hand. Finally, I have a router right by the Xbox. Will I need a HPNA adapter? It will be coax to the house, if that matters.

Thanks!

I dont have a xbox as one of my receivers but the only draw back I would guess would be the noise of the xbox, the fans come on allot because they can run pretty hot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts