Status
Not open for further replies.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
This jives with what a manager told me Thursday. I was buying a high end digital camera for my dad and had tracked down a manager since no one was working the camera department. When he asked if I needed anything else, I joking mention not unless he had a stack of 360's in the back somewhere and he told me they were coming in Saturday night and would be available Sunday morning.

He said they were going to use the same ticket method as last time and that only about 40 of the 50 tickets were used for people who camped out all night. That means 10 lucky people were able to walk in at opening and snag one. I am hoping the same thing works in the morning. They open at 8:00 and I plan on being there by 7:30.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. :D

If you aren't there now, you may be too late. A friend of mine just called me (6:45 pm EST) and said that at the Fort Myers BB, there is already a line of over 30. I'm assuming the same will be happenning all over the country.

I'm surprised that they didn't give all the tickets to the ones that camped out.

angiodan said:
If you aren't there now, you may be too late. A friend of mine just called me (6:45 pm EST) and said that at the Fort Myers BB, there is already a line of over 30. I'm assuming the same will be happenning all over the country.
I'm surprised that they didn't give all the tickets to the ones that camped out.

Just got home, went in best buy on my way looking for a trackball and there was a line of about 50 people waiting outside.

These people are crazy.

Just went by my local store. Supposed to have 24. There were about 10 people already in line. I'll get up in the morning just to see but I'm not stupid enough to spend the night in 25-degree weather.

I went this morning about 6:45. The store handed out 24 vouchers at 7:00. I would have been number 33 or 34. Of course, I wasn't stupid enough to spend the night in 20-degree weather. I'll get up early but I won't sleep outside.

There were more then a hundred folks at the Ann Arbor Best Buy this morning, I drove thru the lot and saw tents, sleeping bags and blankets everywhere, about 10 degrees outside, f'ing nuts.

Got there about 7:00. A sign said vouchers were to be given out at 7:45. They got 30 in (28 Premium/2 Core) and I was somewhere in the upper 40's. I talked to #30 and he got there around 2:30 after a night out.

So I offered $100 for anyone in the top 30's place. No takers, but #31 was willing. I guess there was always the chance that someone's CC could be denied, but not worth a $100 for that chance.

I have noticed that prices on e-bay are slowly dropping as more units hit the supply chain. Last week you were looking at $7-800 for one, but now some are starting to hit the upper $500's.

I suspect that next week, after Christmas, the prices on e-bay will be reasonable once all the parents that had to have it for Christmas are no longer in the market.

It was worse than launch day at the bestbuy here, colder, more people in line (not spread out to target/cc/sears/etc...)...It's weird, they are on the net and know it'll be there but somehow don't find how to check how many the store has and know to get out of line or try another BB...

I got mine launch day. Waited 11 hours for it at Target. All the idiots at bestbuy should have come across the street to Target and a few at the tail end of the line would have got one. I had to settle for a core as I was #12 in line and there were only 10 premiums, but I love it. Especially on my 51" HDTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts