Xbox 360 Elite now Official

More info

Microsoft will also offer the 120GB detachable hard drive as a stand-alone upgrade for existing Xbox 360 owners. The $179 drive will come with a data transfer cable to make it easy for console owners to move data from their old 20GB drive to the new 120GB drive. Expect 20GB hard drive prices to fall as people put their old drives up for sale.

Transferring hard drive information will be a little more complicated for people planning to move from the Xbox 360 Premium to an Xbox 360 Elite since a lot of Xbox Marketplace content is tied to your Xbox Live profile and the console you're using at the time of purchase. That means console owners will have trouble using a data-transfer cable to copy all the downloaded content from an existing 20GB system to a completely new Elite system. Once you switch systems, the only way to get at that content will be to log into Xbox Live with the account that you used to make the original purchase. Other accounts on the new system won't be able to access the downloaded content. Microsoft is working on a solution to the Premium-to-Elite data transfer issue and told GameSpot that it will release more information as we get closer to launch.

The Xbox 360 Elite system, black accessories, and stand-alone 120GB hard drive upgrade will all be available in retail on April 29, 2007.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/61...topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

20GB is too low, I won't be.....

Oblivion Expansion gobbles up 1 GB by itself, plus I am up to 19 Live Arcade games and dozens of music files for my custom soundtracks (Burnout is SO much more fun with White Zombie playing)

$179 for 120g (with much slower transfers than the 20g has since the 120 will not be on the bus, so, now you'll not only have to wait for the media to download, but then one will have to (slowly) copy it to the 120g to make room for the next TV show or game, bleh, a step up from using floppies :rolleyes:), someone is smoking crack, though no doubt there are plenty of suckers who will pay for it (err, present company excepted ;)).

Don't want WiFi for the 360. Got a wired connection works great with no interference or dropouts. My son's Wii CONSTANTLY flakes out and drops the connection and my laptop rates the wifi signal in the room as "Very Good".

I'm gonna get the 120 GB drive and sell back the 20GB to EBGames (some Core user will snap it up I'm sure). I don't need the HDMI output just yet, so I'll hold off for now on the Elite....

Don't want WiFi for the 360. Got a wired connection works great with no interference or dropouts. My son's Wii CONSTANTLY flakes out and drops the connection and my laptop rates the wifi signal in the room as "Very Good".

I'm gonna get the 120 GB drive and sell back the 20GB to EBGames (some Core user will snap it up I'm sure). I don't need the HDMI output just yet, so I'll hold off for now on the Elite....

My PS3 hasn't had any problems at all, i play it on wired and wireless and no connection drop.
Id say your problem would be either your high speed provider, router config, or packet loss.
Usually this type of problems occurs from network settings/ ISP's..not the hardware.

I'll wait for the white elite version to come out. I know if I got the black one I'd want to replace the rest of my 360 gear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)