Votes: 5 6.3%
  • neither for me

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters

beast37799

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I wanted to start this topic mainly to hear from those who have bought the hd dvd add-on for the 360 if there are any problems with video playback basic audio playback and glitches . also to hear any postitve things about the add-on is it worth the money how user friendly is the unit . any suggestions on easier use basicly a one stop shop for info on tihs new hardware

I have it and LOVE it! Video is great! Audio on my setup sounds good, but can be a lot better. The good thing about the audio is Microsoft is working on making it better. I have a 720p, 1080i and 1080p displays The add on looks great on all displays! Again as for the audio it sounds clearer to me but not full just yet. The player as of now converts DTS, TRUE HD and DD+ to DD. This will change in the near future. For the price you can not go wrong at all. I ordered mine from value electronics (one of the site sponsors). Mine came with a remote and KING KONG! You can't go wrong with this player!

I got it a little bit after it came out. I love it. Great quality playback and I haven't had any problems on hd-DVD or regular dvd's. So far so good and it is a great low cost option to start building your hd-DVD collection.

The add-on is a "no-brainer" in my book. I also got the remote and KK HDDVD deal. It's got great PQ, and the price of admission was a bargain. I only wish the 360 could decode lossless audio...

BlackHitachi, what makes you think decoding of lossless audio is forthcoming? If you say HDMI 1.3 then I'm still out of luck. I'd need an A/V receiver capable of passing and decoding that format. Is M$ working on a 5.1 analog out?

Any time you can buy into a new technology for 2 c notes that is a very good deal. I hope the rumors of M$ bringing out a Xbox360 with an internal HD-DVD drive and HDMI is true. That is what I am waiting for!

The add-on is a "no-brainer" in my book. I also got the remote and KK HDDVD deal. It's got great PQ, and the price of admission was a bargain. I only wish the 360 could decode lossless audio...

BlackHitachi, what makes you think decoding of lossless audio is forthcoming? If you say HDMI 1.3 then I'm still out of luck. I'd need an A/V receiver capable of passing and decoding that format. Is M$ working on a 5.1 analog out?

I cant really say but JoeSp is right.

Great add on. Have watched King Kong, Superman Returns (shudder in fanboy glee), and Superman II: The Richard Donner cut on HD DVD.

The sound has surprised me. I don't know what magic they are doing in the code, but it sounds clearer, and the soundfields sound more expansive.

Highly recommended, especially with the cheap price compared to alternatives...

Just figured id let everyone know i finally got my hdvdv drive for christmas and its just amazing ,zero problem install like 2 min or so thats including hooking up hardware . i want thank all tose who responded to this poll cause it sealed the deal for me thank you all .

I voted "Haven't gotten yet", because, ahhh, I haven't. But been doing research the last few days as my old DVD player is starting to have problems and I've started to use the 360's DVD playback. I hadn't realized that the 360 HD DVD add on was so reasonably priced. With all the good comments on this thread it convinced me to order it from Best Buy.com. They are having a 10% off video game accessories with a video game purchase, so I also order Lego Star Wars II for the 360, which I've been wanting for a long time anyway. Brought the HD-DVD player down to $179.00.

For those who've recently gotten theirs, is it still coming with King Kong HD-DVD? Or was that a limited time only deal?

I haven't seen any in stores without the goodies yet.

The "re-up" after the holidays will probably start showing up without the extras, although you should still be able to find them for a while...

Well, I'm looking for assistance? I have the add on and all the software updates. My 360 is connected to my Denon HD receiver and then to my Aquos 52" 1080p monitor. Anytime that I change in the setup to 1080p the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back 1080i. I'm guessing that I'm not seeing the video that would allow me to retain the setting, so I feel that I'm not getting 1080p. Does anyone else have this issue? I could attempt to hook straight up to TV, but its not that important to me. Seeing I would never keep that hook up, I have a wall mount and don't feel like pulling another cable through the wall, not mentioning messing up my whole setup due to length of cable. If anyone knows how I can fix this without an additional cable pull, I would greatly appreciate it. By the way XBOX 360 support has no idea, not a clue, they acted like I was speaking french. Appreciate your comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)