Xbox 360 Hd-dvd

The main problem with 1080p24 is that there are few display devices that can handle 24fps. So, they end up doing 3:2 pull down to get it to 60. New sets though are starting to come out to address this problem. They are going to 120 frames/sec, so they can do 60 fps by displaying each frame 2x or 24fps and display each frame 5x.

The main problem with 1080p24 is that there are few display devices that can handle 24fps. So, they end up doing 3:2 pull down to get it to 60. New sets though are starting to come out to address this problem. They are going to 120 frames/sec, so they can do 60 fps by displaying each frame 2x or 24fps and display each frame 5x.

The panel refresh on LCoS or LCD can't handle 120 frames per second. 60 FPS is being displayed as 60fps. Depending on the display 24fps is being displayed as 24, 48 or 72 fps.

Microdisplays don't need to refresh at 120Hz as there's no raster and no phosphor decay involved.

CHeers,

They should be on shelves 11/7, if you want to ensure getting one you can pre-order through places like Gamestop. I only had to put down $25 to reserve one.

The panel refresh on LCoS or LCD can't handle 120 frames per second. 60 FPS is being displayed as 60fps. Depending on the display 24fps is being displayed as 24, 48 or 72 fps.

Microdisplays don't need to refresh at 120Hz as there's no raster and no phosphor decay involved.

CHeers,

Actually Sharp is supposed to have a 120HZ LCD series coming out early next year. They have a 4ms response now on the panels they have out now.

Just got a note from Robert at Value Electronics. My XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive pre-order ships out on Friday, Nov 10!

When you buy it, how does the seller know you're purchasing it for an XBox? They don't of course ;)

The question is really whether or not drivers will exist for it as a generic HD-DVD drive via USB :D

It's going to take more than just Windows drivers and an MPEG-4 decoder. The HD DVD add-on is only streaming the data from the disc to the console ... no processing occurs at all on the drive. That means that not only will your PC have to recognize the drive and be able to decode the video ... but it will likely require an add-in card (i.e. silicon, not software) to do the AACS decryption.

I don't have factual confirmation from MS yet on this, but my guess is that you won't see this drive playing movies on a PC anytime soon, if ever.

- Shane Sturgeon

Just got a note from Robert at Value Electronics. My XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive pre-order ships out on Friday, Nov 10!
Hmm strange, I ordered mine from Robert as well and did not get anything. Wonder if there is a problem with my credit card, as I just booked my trip to Las Vegas for CES on it.
Hopefully I hear something soon. :)

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon, at which time they told me it would ship on the 7th. I checked the status yesterday and it had been rescheduled for shipment on the 16th.

It makes me wonder if there are supply problems with the first shipment, or if MS decided to delay shipment for another week. I haven't heard of anyone who has pre-ordered one that has it yet.

- Shane Sturgeon

Just an update, I DID get an email from Robert saying my unit was being shipped. I forgot that I needed to use a different email address as Roberts software said that a .us address was not a valid email address.

Also ordered a few HD DVD's :D

Thanks Robert!

Which DVDs?

Just an update, I DID get an email from Robert saying my unit was being shipped. I forgot that I needed to use a different email address as Roberts software said that a .us address was not a valid email address.

Also ordered a few HD DVD's :D

Thanks Robert!

What did you order? I'm thinking about it as Robert's prices are better than the local big bog retailers plus free shipping with the HD order can't be beat!

I wonder if he still will have any past the pre-orders. I didn't order one, but have been debating it. Now I have a new projector, may be worth another $200 investement, plus the extras he gives.

Do any of the online rental sites carry a significant portion of HD DVDs? Blockbuster, netflix, etc? I have used one a few years ago, but nothing recent.

He said the other day that he still had some left from his initial shipment.

I ordered the XBOX 360 HD DVD unit, Willie Wanka (The origional as I hear it is amazing in HD!) and Clerks II when it comes out next year. ;)

Just got my tracking number from Robert. :)

Yippie! :D

Since Robert is about 45 minutes from here and its going FedEx Ground, it will probably be here tommorow. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts