Xbox 360 question

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Why the color change to black? Are they going to stick with black or make both colors now?

Are they going to phase out the budget 360 and the 20 gig 360?

THe black is going to be for a limited time and then it will return to being a white xbox 360. The core is going to disappear (299 system) and will be replaced by the current premium (399) and the new elite will take the place of the premium until the 65mm chip is released later this year. That will cool it faster and allow it to run quiter. If it were me and I already had a 360 (which I do) i would either opt for just upgrading the hard drive for $179 or wait until the 65mm chip comes out.

The black 360 is here to stay.
Well with the announcement of the Xbox 360 elite there have been a lot of questions being asked. I am posting this to try and cut down on all the threads being made.

Here are some links you can check out first

Complete_info_on_the_Xbox_360_Elite

Info on Xbox.com

30 min podcast from major nelson ! (Great listen and explains a lot)

Special_podcast_from_Major_Nelson_on_the_Elite

Here are some awesome Pics from majornelsons flicker site

On10.net - Video

Xbox 360 Elite FAQ

When will the Xbox 360 Elite be released? How much will it cost ?

The official release date is April 29th in the United States. $479 ( USD ).
The official release date is May 4th in Canada. $549.99 (CDN)

Has a UK release date been announced?

No, at the moment no UK release date has been announced by Microsoft.

What comes packaged with the elite?

The Xbox 360 elite will be black and come packaged with a 120GB Hard Drive and will include an HDMI port.

Also included in the box will be a black wireless controller, black headset , HDMI cable and the standard component cable.

MS will also be shipping a black play and charge kit and battery on 4/29 as well but it will not be included in the elite package

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360elitesystem/

Will I be able to buy the 120GB Hard drive separate?

Yes. The 120GB HDD will be sold separately for $179.99

Will I be able to get the HDD is standard gray as well as black ?

Yes, It will be available in standard grey as well as black.
<mod EDITED> The black edition of the HDD is only available on the Elite console

Can I transfer the data off my existing 20GB hard drive to the new one?

Yes, Microsoft will be including a data transfer cable with every 120gb hard drive
You cannot put the data from two or more 20 GB hard disks onto one 120 GB hard disk. If you attempt to move multiple drives, only the last one you move will be stored.
You can only move data from the 20GB Hard Disk to the 120 GB Hard Disk. Transferring data in the other direction, or any other combination, is not possible.
Any data stored on the 120 GB hard disk will be automatically deleted.
Any data stored on the 20 GB hard disk will be automatically deleted after it is moved over.
Once you move the data over, it cannot be placed back on the original hard disk.

Is there anyway I can add HDMI to my Premium or core 360 ?

No.

Is the Xbox 360 Elite a limited edition ?

The Elite is now an official sku from Microsoft. It is here to stay.

Will MS be getting rid of the core system now that the elite is coming out?

At this time Microsoft has no plans of stopping the production of the core system. There will be 3 SKU's after the elite is launched.

Will the Xbox 360 elite ship with a different chip set then the Core or Premium?

No, It will ship with the same chip set.

If you have any other questions feel free to post them in the thread, and once they are answered I will edit this post to include the new questions.

Will there be a price reduction for the Xbox 360 or the Xbox 360 Core systems?

Microsoft has not announced any price reductions.

Will there be an exchange program to upgrade to the Xbox 360 Elite?

Microsoft does not offer any exchange program.

Does the Xbox 360 Elite initially come with the 65nm chip?

No. Internally, other than the HDMI, it's the same console as the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 Core.

Please post any questions about Xbox 360 Elite in here instead of making multiple threads about it. This way we have one central place to discuss and ask each other questions. Also it will prevent the locking of other made threads talking about Xbox 360 Elite.

If the 120 GB HDD comes with a transfer cable and the Xbox 250 Elite doesn't, how can I transfer my content if I buy a Xbox 360 Elite?
# re: Microsoft Unveils Xbox 360 Elite
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:21 PM by CPaladino

There haven't been any details released about migrating content from the 20gb to the 120gb drives, so I would hold off on any freak-outs.

http://forums.xbox.com/11244107/ShowPost.aspx

THe black is going to be for a limited time and then it will return to being a white xbox 360. The core is going to disappear (299 system) and will be replaced by the current premium (399) and the new elite will take the place of the premium until the 65mm chip is released later this year. That will cool it faster and allow it to run quiter. If it were me and I already had a 360 (which I do) i would either opt for just upgrading the hard drive for $179 or wait until the 65mm chip comes out.

Intresting, so eventually there will be 360 Elite white and black......hmmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)