XBox 360 V1.5 coming?

And you still have the exact same console with the exact same functionality no matter what Microsoft offers future customers. It was you, and no one else, who judged it to be worth the price you paid.

I didn't say it wasn't worth the price i paid. Nice job putting words in my mouth

What I Bought that Day

360 Core 300
Controller 50
Controller 50
Controller 50
Hard Drive 100
Component Cables 50
Live Membership 60
Game 60
Game 60
Game 60

Total= 882 after tax w/o HDDVD or Wifi
Total Now w/ HDDVD and Wifi = ~$1200

I acutally spent less than that on PS3, w/ 3 games and 3 controllers.
This is just day one. And yes it was worth it. I do not complain about money

Last edited:
I didn't say it wasn't worth the price i paid. Nice job putting words in my mouth

To be specific, you said you were being screwed and slapped in the face. The fact remains that you agreed that the product was worth your money, so I just don't see what there is to gripe about.

Well, I don't care if the new 360...the more improved 360 can get up and mix drinks for me.....I'm not upgrading. They could stuff it. I'm going to live with the 360 I have now and if I want to upgrade, I'm going to get a PS3. For me and I know alot of other people, a upgrade this soon is too soon. I know technology changes fast but I have spent a bundle on my 360 and I have yet to get my money worth out of it. I will never upgrade. I work two jobs and bust my ass to buy these toys for myself and my family. I am not giving MS anymore of my money.

It is being screwed and slapped in the face. Just read the poster above me. He gets it. You Don't.

You're right, I don't get it. If you felt you were making a bad deal, you should not have made it. How is your past, present, and future enjoyment of your system affected in the least by what other people buy?

I got my system basically for free. Is that a slap in the face too? Are you being even more screwed?

Sony had NO updates to the PS2? None at all, it is being made exactly the same today when it came out 5 years ago? No new power-supplies? No new anything, DVD drive, anything?

I find it hard to believe Sony never changed anything on the PS2, that there weren't/aren't any differences in hardware (updated models of DVD drives, motherboards, etc.) after all these years.

I had a Day 1 PS2 which died on me at some point a few years down the road. Right after mine died I went to search for a new PS2. I happened to be looking online probably at gamespot or something and they had an article for the new PS2 (not the thin design). The box for the PS2 was a PS2+, the differences were mostly minor but included, built in IR for the remote control, removed firewire input on the front, better and quieter cooling system, improved DVD playback with the addition of progressive scan, and I think the additon of DTS for DVD playback was added too.

As for the new 360 info, I personally don't have a problem with a slightly improved version. Somebody mentioned Costso and well I happened to get mine there too :). In all seriousness though, I really could not be happier with the 360 at this time. It has more than met my expectations for gaming, I like the HD-DVD add-on, and my unit does everything I can remember it being advertised to do and then some.

I think its amazing to see people upset about an upgrade on a system. While I am disappointed that I just got mine last month. I can't say that I'm livid at Microsoft. Maybe because the HDMI isn't a big deal for me (My TV doesn't have it anyways) but I waited a year to get my Xbox, trying to decide between that and the PS3. When it came down to it, I made the decision based on what was available at that time. (My crystal ball needs an upgrade too.)

What's the statute of limitations on a system upgrade when u wouldn't get mad? If they waited another 6 months, would it be ok then?

Its actually funny....

"We've found a way to improve our system to make it more competitive in the market. Lets wait on that....so we don't make anybody mad...I mean we already have their money...and all those new owners of HDTVs with HDMI, yes, they'll wait until the original owners won't be mad before going out to buy a game system."

That doesn't even make common sense....

Do all hardware manufacturers have to comply with this? I mean...plenty of people bought Altimas...and they just redesigned them. Should they wait a couple of years before they make that available too?

What's the statute of limitations on a system upgrade when u wouldn't get mad? If they waited another 6 months, would it be ok then?

Indeed. And how is it that withholding upgrades is pro-consumer while releasing upgrades "screws" them?

Here's your best option if you MUST have all the new features. Sell your current unit to Gamestop. They are still fetching good numbers on trade in (or go the Ebay route and probably get a better price). Buy the new version. Reload any critical content. Other than save games, everything you have already gotten can be reloaded for free). The net loss pays for 15-18 months of play if you got it on launch day or how ever many months you had it. If you bought it during Christmas 2006, you can always try and return it today as most return windows are still open until 1/10-1/31 depending on the retailer. For the vast majority of people, 1080i over component is plenty, but I know most will chomp at the bit for a bigger hard drive. Selling it and providing an easy migration path will be the easiest way to placate those customers..

I view it like this, Microsoft knew they would need HDMI, yet waited, I blame them for that.......BUT it is not as big a screw up as Sony not putting a scaler in their system, that will force my hand, and maybe a COUPLE others to go the 360 route.....So in the Scheme of things Sony's mistake is a bigger one for me in my certain position, but Its all a business and how they get more money from ya!

You all just do not get what I am saying. Nevermind it, if you don't have the common sense to understand my point, then forget it.

Rather than insisting you have a point to make, why not make it? How does MS's upgrade of the 360 "screw" you?

This is good news for 360 supporters. New adopters will continue to join the market because of incentives. Gameplay however will be consistent throughout the platform. I would prefer a newer system, but this is the cost of early adoption. I can live without HDMI, the difference in PQ from component isn't that significant and I actually prefer the way component looks. I'm sure an add-on will come out that will give current 360 owners the ability to upgrade to 120GB or more.
Sony and MS came out with a number of editions to their systems' consoles in the last generation. I don't see why MS shouldn't do the same and simultaneously make their system more appealing to potential customers. I'm still enjoying the most advanced gaming experience despite its alledged outdated status.

Its actually funny....
"We've found a way to improve our system to make it more competitive in the market. Lets wait on that....so we don't make anybody mad...I mean we already have their money...and all those new owners of HDTVs with HDMI, yes, they'll wait until the original owners won't be mad before going out to buy a game system."

I'm not upset that that MS wants to upgrade the 360. I'm upset that they have created a machine with very little forsight for future upgrades. To me, it is too soon for an upgrade. Bottom line is that the 360 costs a lot of money for a game system. Yes....alot of money after you buy what you have to to get the system up and running the way it was intended to. No wireless built in and a poor excuse for a hard drive. Don't get me wrong....I love playing my 360, and I enjoy it to the max. But, this upgrade is too soon. In my opinion the 360 should have been created with the foresight that the option for upgrading it for an hdmi output. It wasn't that long ago that the 360 came out....I'm sure that the very smart people at MS could have and really should have included the option. What were they thinking....with a 20 gig hard drive? What are we back in the 90's here? Let me guess......they are going to sell a 60 gig or 90 gig hard drive for $200 when everyone already paid for the 20 gig drives that are out now. Do things right the first time....you can easily make a maching that can last a little while without the need to upgrade. Very sad....but that's why MS is one rich huge company.

I think they should have come out with those settings in the launch. Or at least give the option to those who bought the first consoles to upgrade theirs which they don't. hat's why they fell kinda ripped off.

I'm not upset that that MS wants to upgrade the 360. I'm upset that they have created a machine with very little forsight for future upgrades. To me, it is too soon for an upgrade. Bottom line is that the 360 costs a lot of money for a game system. Yes....alot of money after you buy what you have to to get the system up and running the way it was intended to. No wireless built in and a poor excuse for a hard drive. Don't get me wrong....I love playing my 360, and I enjoy it to the max. But, this upgrade is too soon. In my opinion the 360 should have been created with the foresight that the option for upgrading it for an hdmi output. It wasn't that long ago that the 360 came out....I'm sure that the very smart people at MS could have and really should have included the option. What were they thinking....with a 20 gig hard drive? What are we back in the 90's here? Let me guess......they are going to sell a 60 gig or 90 gig hard drive for $200 when everyone already paid for the 20 gig drives that are out now. Do things right the first time....you can easily make a maching that can last a little while without the need to upgrade. Very sad....but that's why MS is one rich huge company.

Could not have said it better!!:hatsoff:

Do things right the first time....you can easily make a maching that can last a little while without the need to upgrade. Very sad....but that's why MS is one rich huge company.

If you felt the machine was not "right", why buy it? I do't plan to upgrade mine, and see no indication that it will not "last a little while without the need to upgrade". If they were introducing games that needed a hardware upgrade, that would be one thing. As it is, they are just offering new customers more for their money.

!!!!!FANBOY ALERT!!!!!!

LOL! THe only reason I own an gaming console is because I got it for free. I play it maybe one or two hours/week. Don't take it out on me just beacuse I called you on your unsupportable position.

I'll ask you yet again. How does Microsoft's plan to give future customers more for their money "screw" you? Why is it their fault that you stood in line to pay for a system you feel is wrong for you in some way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)